New faculty discussion series - We need your input

New faculty discussion series - We need your input

We will soon be kicking off a series of live discussions with University faculty around the world. The topic list will probably start with discussions focussing on parallel computing and, especially, what it will take to incorprate parallel computing throughout the acdemic curriculum.
The format will be live, audio broadcasts, probably 15-30 minutes, twice a month. Each broadcast we will welcome a different guest and different topic. We'll archive each webcast which will be available as podasts after the fact. We'll probably have a mecahnism for listeners to call in or at least to text in questions.

I have some topics that I would find interesting, but I'd like to hear from you -What topics shall we bring up and who do you think would be good guests? Please let us know.

Some (fairly random) topic ideas to get started

• Parallelism from the ground up - how to change the curricculum?
  • We know what to put in, but what shall we leave out?
  • Paralleism across the spectrum -how to introduce in other disciplines than CS -Math, Engineering Life Sciences.
  • Best places to find content for building our courses.
  • Parallelism in secondary education
  • Tools and APIs
  • Design Patterns and new languages - what's happening in research
  • Academia and Industry - how shall we work togehter?
  • The view from India, South America, China etc.
  • The view from industry - can we hire your graduates?
  • Many Core and heterogenous computing - are we ready?
16 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi Paul, about your post.

I prefer the subject how to change the curricula?

Quoting - Paul Steinberg (Intel)

We will soon be kicking off a series of live discussions with University faculty around the world. The topic list will probably start with discussions focussing on parallel computing and, especially, what it will take to incorprate parallel computing throughout the acdemic curriculum.
The format will be live, audio broadcasts, probably 15-30 minutes, twice a month. Each broadcast we will welcome a different guest and different topic. We'll archive each webcast which will be available as podasts after the fact. We'll probably have a mecahnism for listeners to call in or at least to text in questions.

I have some topics that I would find interesting, but I'd like to hear from you -What topics shall we bring up and who do you think would be good guests? Please let us know.

Some (fairly random) topic ideas to get started

• Parallelism from the ground up - how to change the curricculum?
  • We know what to put in, but what shall we leave out?
  • Paralleism across the spectrum -how to introduce in other disciplines than CS -Math, Engineering Life Sciences.
  • Best places to find content for building our courses.
  • Parallelism in secondary education
  • Tools and APIs
  • Design Patterns and new languages - what's happening in research
  • Academia and Industry - how shall we work togehter?
  • The view from India, South America, China etc.
  • The view from industry - can we hire your graduates?
  • Many Core and heterogenous computing - are we ready?

Quoting - Jose Jesus Ambriz Meza

That is the core question. I hope youhave watched some of our Teach Parallel bradcasts. http://www.intel.com/software/teachparallel. I would very much like to have you as a guest

I saw your interviews on "tv parallel", there are very interesting!
America latina needs these knowledges now! I know that your interviews are in english and I would like to be your guest on the show (my english is not perfect but I try! )
I propose you to do one session more in spanish because the language wall is too high for too many people on America latina and I believe that Intel is interested for breaking the wall.

best regards

jam
jambriz@gmail.com

I saw your interviews on "tv parallel", there are very interesting!
America latina needs these knowledges now! I know that your interviews are in english and I would like to be your guest on the show (my english is not perfect but I try! )
I propose you to do one session more in spanish because the language wall is too high for too many people on America latina and I believe that Intel is interested for breaking the wall.

best regards

jam
jambriz@gmail.com

Well -let us start planning for your broadcast. It will probably be in the New Year, as we will be taking a short hiatus to set up our new studio. But let's just consider that itwill happen.
I would also love to discuss with you how best to build conversation with Academic Community Members in Latin and South America. We just did a recent broadcast with Professor Jose Luis Elvira of theInstituto Tecnolgico de Estudio Superiores de Occidente in Guadalajara and I would like to enable many more.

First question - Is Spanish a necessity? I am sure that this makes things easier in Latin America, but that shuts out the rest of the world.

Should we have Spanish language forums or even a Spanish language website as we do for our Russian and Chinese speakers?

Love to hear your thoughts.

All the best,

Paul

Hi Paul! Congratulation for your new studio! I'll be waiting for your contact on the next year. About your questions: 1.- Is spanish a necessity? I think that it's not necessary but is the only way to communicate quickly your courses, material, forums, etc. On other words I believe that exists many people in latin America very talent but they don't understand the english, why? The answer is too simple. They can't reserve one time to study a new language because they have tu work extra hours for get more money for theirs families ( first eat, second study ). 2.- spanish forums? Let me say that the first step is the forum and the second the site. the problem is the same: whom will write there? the forum will be simple for understanding? I support you with your idea of the forum. I could reserve one part of my time for write on these forum if intel support it.

Best regards

jam

Hi Paul! Congratulation for your new studio! I'll be waiting for your contact on the next year. About your questions: 1.- Is spanish a necessity? I think that it's not necessary but is the only way to communicate quickly your courses, material, forums, etc. On other words I believe that exists many people in latin America very talent but they don't understand the english, why? The answer is too simple. They can't reserve one time to study a new language because they have tu work extra hours for get more money for theirs families ( first eat, second study ). 2.- spanish forums? Let me say that the first step is the forum and the second the site. the problem is the same: whom will write there? the forum will be simple for understanding? I support you with your idea of the forum. I could reserve one part of my time for write on these forum if intel support it.

Best regards

jam

Great -sounds like we could come up with a plan. I am very busy now with supercomputing, but let's make sure we talksoon. Also,please look for the Teach Parallel show broadcasting live from Suopercomputing. We'll have a schedule shortly. Professor Murphy and I will be interviewing some very interesting folks.

Best,

Paul

Hi Paul,
The University of Ibadan of the Faculty of Science (especially Physics Dept) need the "Tools and API" NOW.
Even me i need it NOW.

Quoting - woleakande

Hi Paul,
The University of Ibadan of the Faculty of Science (especially Physics Dept) need the "Tools and API" NOW.
Even me i need it NOW.

Hi Woleakande,

Did you apply for an academic License yet? If there is a problem receiving the licenses, let me know.

Paul

I have seen some intel C++ compiler adverts on this site but they are too expensive for someone like me to

attempt paying for.

Sir am not that rich to take care of the whole department. I will try my best to contact my HOD for financial assistance.

How I wish a grant or something can be available both for my own and the department's.

Thanks so much.

Hi there,

My school starts session soon, hwo far can i get your responce.

Thanks.

Quoting woleakande

Hi there,

My school starts session soon, hwo far can i get your responce.

Thanks.

There is a process in place to provide licenses for Inteltools for faculty members, that plan to use them in their classes.You will need to register atour academic community site (http://software.intel.com/en-us/academic/) and provide a forecast of the number of students thatyou expect to be taught parallel programming. Once this is obtained,Intel can issue a number of free (1-year) licenses.

Quoting Paul Steinberg (Intel)

Well -let us start planning for your broadcast. It will probably be in the New Year, as we will be taking a short hiatus to set up our new studio. But let's just consider that itwill happen.
I would also love to discuss with you how best to build conversation with Academic Community Members in Latin and South America. We just did a recent broadcast with Professor Jose Luis Elvira of theInstituto Tecnolgico de Estudio Superiores de Occidente in Guadalajara and I would like to enable many more.

First question - Is Spanish a necessity? I am sure that this makes things easier in Latin America, but that shuts out the rest of the world.

Should we have Spanish language forums or even a Spanish language website as we do for our Russian and Chinese speakers?

Love to hear your thoughts.

All the best,

Paul

Paul,

The link (to Professor Elvira's broadcast) doesn't work anymore. Can you update it? I'd like to watch it.

Thanks!

Ricardo Medel
Argentina Software Design Center
Intel

Thanks so much,

I will contact those to be contacted in my Department and even in other departments in the University of Ibadan.

Thanks so much for the offer.

Hello WoleAkande,

I will follow up with an email to see if we can help you if there is a problem.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I don't I will continue with the registration link you gave me via email.This is bcos is more or less for staffs while am just an MSc student.

I will get u some emails that are more expecte to fill such forms.

However,since am asking for my own assistance as well,can i fill the form though am not a staff?

Thanks.

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui