We will soon be kicking off a series of live discussions with University faculty around the world. The topic list will probably start with discussions focussing on parallel computing and, especially, what it will take to incorprate parallel computing throughout the acdemic curriculum.
The format will be live, audio broadcasts, probably 15-30 minutes, twice a month. Each broadcast we will welcome a different guest and different topic. We'll archive each webcast which will be available as podasts after the fact. We'll probably have a mecahnism for listeners to call in or at least to text in questions.
I have some topics that I would find interesting, but I'd like to hear from you -What topics shall we bring up and who do you think would be good guests? Please let us know.
Some (fairly random) topic ideas to get started
- Parallelism from the ground up - how to change the curricculum?
- We know what to put in, but what shall we leave out?
- Paralleism across the spectrum -how to introduce in other disciplines than CS -Math, Engineering Life Sciences.
- Best places to find content for building our courses.
- Parallelism in secondary education
- Tools and APIs
- Design Patterns and new languages - what's happening in research
- Academia and Industry - how shall we work togehter?
- The view from India, South America, China etc.
- The view from industry - can we hire your graduates?
- Many Core and heterogenous computing - are we ready?