clock cycles for integer multiplication and addition in core 2 duo processor

clock cycles for integer multiplication and addition in core 2 duo processor

Hello,
I have an Intel core 2 duo processor (E6400 2.13Ghz 2GB RAM)
How many clock cycles does an integer addition and an integer multiplication each take separately for my core 2 duo?

thanks,
prads

6 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Quoting - prads

Hello,
How many clock cycles does an integer addition and an integer multiplication each take separately for my core 2 duo?

thanks,
prads

Hello,

Core 2 duo has a 14stage pipeline i suppose. Can somebody please help me with my above question.

Regards,

prads

Portrait de Thomas Willhalm (Intel)

Quoting - prads

Hello,

thanks,
prads

Prads,

The latency is 1 cycle for an integer addition and 3 cycles for an integer multiplication. You can find the latencies and thoughput in Appendix C of the "Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Reference Manual", which is located on http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/.

Kind regards
Thomas

P.S.: Questions of this type are usually handled in the "AVX and CPU instructions" forum.

Hello there!
Please help me with a C++ code for timing events such as
1) ordering of execution
2) game designs
3) motion
and etc.
Am using Visual C++ 2005 compiler.Thanks.

Portrait de Roman Dementiev (Intel)

Hi woleakande,

to get answer to your question you should try to open a separate topic in this or adifferent forum which better fitsto your topic (e.g. graphics programming).

I hope you will get an answer.

Best regards,
Roman

Thank you,

I will open a new thread.

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.