Problems running Camera sample application

Problems running Camera sample application

Hi,

I'm looking at the CameraDemoNET sample that is installed with the SDK.
I'm running the sample on my development machine which only has the SDK installed.
When I press the 'Start Preview/Reserve' button I get a message saying that 'Camera device named '' was not found. (Unable to get last error)'

I'm using an Intel USB Video Camera III.
I've attached a copy of the MCA.log file that was created.
Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,

David

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger MCA.txt684.92 Ko
10 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi David,

While most USB cameras will work, not all of them do. Here is a list of cameras we have tested with the MCA SDK software:

Logitech QuickCam Fusion* Camera
Microsoft LifeCam* (Model VX-3000)
Creative Live!* Cam Notebook Pro (Model VF0250)

See the MCA SDK release notes for more details on the camera specifics. Unfortunately the Intel USB camera was not tested because it has been discontinued andwas nolonger in production when the MCA SDK software was released.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

As Steve suggested my initial problem was due to the camera I was using. I'm now using a different camera and it seems to be working fine.

I have another problem now whereby there is no callback being made to the sample application (the BtnCameraDemoNet sample that is installed with the SDK) when I press the camera button on my Motion C5.

I am expecting to see a message box displaying some information about the image but this doesn't happen. All that happens it that the preview window appears.

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Thanks very much,

David

Hi David,

I tested this today on a PC with the MCA SDK v1.11 installed, and on a Motion C5 with v1.11 of the MCA platform driver installed and it appears to work correctly. Here is what I see on both the PC with the MCA SDK and the C5 with the MCA platform driver:

Testing first the basic functionality, Ipressed the camera button (on the C5) or shift-F3 (on the PC with the SDK), the camera initializesand the preview picture pops up. I press the camera button again and the picture is captured.Shortly after a pop-up box display the picture properties and prompts me to do something with the picture (delete, copy to clipboard, close, or save).

NextI ran the BtnCameraDemoNet.exe applicationand a pop-up window prompts me to select Callback, Callback no data, or Key press. I select Callback and click the Register button. A pop-up confirms the callback was registered.

Ithen pressed the camera button (on the C5) or shift-F3 (on the PC with the SDK), the camera initializesand the preview picture pops up. I press the camera button again and the picture is captured.Shortly after a pop-up box displays the picture data (frame:image size is: width=640, height=480), I click OK to close the box. No other options are listed.

Is this the same behavior you see on the development PC, the C5, or both? If not can you provide more details?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm embarrassed to say that the application is actually working fine. In my stupidity I wasn't pressing the camera button the second time. I was expecting the message box to appear when the preview window appeared.

Thanks very much for your help,

David

Hello again,

I have a new problem now.

The sample BtnCameraDemoNET that gets installed with the SDK works fine on my development machine. But when I deploy it to my C5 and try to capture an image the application crashes with the infamous "Application has crashed and needs to close" message. Any ideas why this might be happening?

I've attached the MCA.log file from my C5.

Thanks very much,

David

Fichiers joints: 

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger MCA.txt684.92 Ko

Hi David,

Are you using the built-in C5 camera, or an external camera connected to the C5?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm using the buit-in camera.

Thanks,

David

Hi,

It seems the problem occurs at the following line of code: btn = new Intel.Healthcare.Device.Buttons(this.Handle);

The exception that is thrown is detailed below:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: format
at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
at Intel.Healthcare.Device.Buttons..ctor(IntPtr WindowHandle)
at CameraDemo.CameraForm.CameraForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks,

David

David,

Hi, I am little confused. In the earlier post I see you said

"I have another problem now whereby there is no callback being made to the sample application (the BtnCameraDemoNet sample that is installed with the SDK) when I press the camera button on my Motion C5. "

And then you go on to say that it was working you just needed to hit the button again.

So did this work on the C5 at one time and now it does not?

You might want to try uninstalling the Platform Driver from the C5 and then reinstalling it. Here are the instructions for this process.

Here are the steps you will need to take:

1. In Control Panel Add or Remove Programs, uninstall the MCA SDK software, andreboot

2. In Control Panel Add or Remove Programs, uninstall the MCA Platform Driver, and reboot

3. Download and reinstall the MCA Platform Driver. This is available from the Motion Computing web site. They call it the "Medical Clinical Assistant Software". I would recommend installing v1.11. Your Platform Driver and the SDK should be the same version.

4. Download and install any additional hardware drivers you need. These will also be available from Motion Computing web site or their support team.

The Motion Computing web siteis located at:

http://www.motioncomputing.com/support/driver_download_c5.asp

If this does not resolve the issue please attach a log file capturing the error.

Thanks

John C

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui