Breshears 5-15 Webinar "Parallel Design Paterns" Q2 - sample code, examples & languages

Breshears 5-15 Webinar "Parallel Design Paterns" Q2 - sample code, examples & languages

1. Do you have simple sample programs that demonstrate the supporting structures clearly?
  2. Are the coding samples only for c language freaks?
  3. I found the loop examples in the previous slides very useful - any full example code etc would be very useful
  4. If I have some better examples that cover other disciplines, how can I share them with you to possibly use?
  5. I got impression that a lot of examples are about transforming serial algorithms into parallel algorithms. Why learn students the serial way any way? Go parallel all the way. The large issue is that the serial code might already have a lock in and that requirements are not noticed that benefit parallel solution.

What language Should samplesbe written in?

1. C, C++
  2. I think C is the right language for this though..
  3. @language - make the code a more "generic language", and give solution in 3 or 4 different languages; C, python, perl, java..
  4. I think that it is important that students learn to read understand various languages. So mix them up C, C++ Java, Ada
  5. What about OO examples for parallel programming?
  6. Fortran Language examples would be very useful especially when students are asked to think about parallelizing a legacy application :-)
1 contribution / 0 nouveau(x)
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.