Missing install.sh in tbb20_010oss_lin Commercially Aligned Release

Missing install.sh in tbb20_010oss_lin Commercially Aligned Release

Portrait de Kevin Farnham

I downloaded the Commercially Aligned Release tbb20_010oss_lin.tar.gz file and tried to install TBB onto my Linux system using the instructions in the Installation Guide that's available on the TBB.org Documentation page.

When I unpacked my tar.gz file, there was no "install.sh" file. This has to be executed according to Step 2 of the "To install on Linux Systems" section in the Installation Guide.

So, I am unable to install TBB on my Linux system.

4 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Michael Voss (Intel)

The Installation Guide linked from the website is the wrong one -- hopefully this will be fixed shortly. The guide that is currently there describes how to install the commerical product, not the oss version.

On the download page, there is a paragraph that states,

"These are the download files for the 010 commercial aligned release. The sources and binaries correspond exactly to the commercial Intel TBB v2.0 010 packages. The tbb20_010oss_src package contains the sources; always download and untar this first. The tbb20_010oss_{lin,win,mac} packages contain add-on binaries for Linux*, Windows*, or Mac OS*; to use these, download and untar them, and move any desired {ia32,em64t,itanium} directories into the untarred source package, adjacent to the {build,include,src} directories there."

So to install the oss version, you first untar the _src package and then drop the _lin package on top of it. You can then set your lib and include paths appropriately.

Portrait de Alexey Kukanov (Intel)

Also note that the packages with binaries ( _lin and others) are truly additional. One could just take an _src package and build binaries for required system by running 'make'. For more detailed build directions, please look at build/index.html in an open-source TBB package.

Portrait de akauppi

Using tbb20_014oss (commercial aligned) release, I'm able to set the library up for my own usage, but cannot find information on how to do a system wide installation. Imho "install" means placing files unto /usr/include or similar, not just getting things running in a local user's directory.

I'd prefer "make install" to work, or a separate "install.sh".

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.