The Intel Debugger is capable of working with serial, thread parallel (via PThreads and OpenMP) and cluster parallel (via MPI-1) applications.
I'd like to get a feel for how the community at large approaches debugging HPC applications. I'm curious to know:
- What types of bugs do you encounter most often?
- What types of bugs do you find most difficult to locate and fix?
- What methods do you use to accomplish this?
- Which debuggers do you tend to use (and why)?
- Which debuggers do you prefer to use (and why)?
- Which debugger features do you find yourself using most often?
- Which new debugger features would you consider to be essential?