I can't use Array Visualizer with VF in debug mode on XP

I can't use Array Visualizer with VF in debug mode on XP

Hi,

I recently installed CVF on an IBM Thinkpad A30p running Windows XP. I also installed Compaq Array Visualizer. Now when I write a simple FORTRAN program with an array, compile it, run the debugger, and try to visualize the array with Compaq Array Visualizer I get the following error message

Server Busy

! This action cannot be completed because the other
program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate
the busy program and correct the problem.

[Switch To] [Retry] [Cancel]

(but the cancel button is in a light font and not useable.) When I press 'Switch To' it is as if I pressed the "Start" menu button in the lower left hand corner and the error message does not go away. 'Retry' produces the same error message in a moment. Either way, my debugging session is hung, and I need to reboot the machine to start over.

I have CVF Professional Edition v. 6.6 and I have installed the v. 6.6b patches. I have also increased the memory of my Thinkpad to 1GB. Nothing I have done fixes the problem. This happens no matter how small an array I try to visualize, and in any dimension, even 1D. For example

program test2d

parameter ( n = 2)
integer x(2,2), i,j

do i=1, n
do j=1, n
x(i,j)=i*j
end do
end do

stop
end

I had previously been using the same version of CVF on a Windows 2000 platform and didn't experience this problem. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to fix the problem, since the ability to use the Array Visualizer in the CVF debugger was the reason I purchased CVF in the first place!

Thanks,

- Gerry Puckett

2 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Community Admin

I have seen similar problems with Array Viewer especially when I install its demo on computers where I distribute my programs. The solution was to start the Array Viewer once separately. So, my suggestions are:
1- Run Per-User Setup from Start/Program/Compaq Visual Fortran 6;
2- Run once Array Viewer from Start/Program/Compaq Array Visualizer, close it and then try to view your arrays from Dev. Studio.

Hope this helps, otherwise you can try to uninstall Array Visualizer and reinstall it.

Sabalan.

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.