Supported programming Languages question?

Supported programming Languages question?

it is stated at the official rules page : http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/contest/officialrules that SDK integration is not required if the application (or the component) is open-source. does this means that we can develop applications with languages other than c/c++ like C# or vb.net .(as The SDK only supports C/C++ and it is not required in this case.
9 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de DG Rooven (Intel)

Hi,

Thank you for your query.

If you are developing open-source applications/components, then you may develop using your preferred languages provided the application satisfy the other validation criterias. There will be no support available from IADP if your are experiencing issues while developing your applications/components as you will not be using the provided SDK.

However one thing you should bear in mind is that open-source applications/components are generally published for free use and along with the applications/components you also need to provide the source code files for the applications/components to the users. Remember that open-source applications are 'open' to the users, who can use the source code, modify the codes, create their own applications and so on.

I will confirm this and get back to you.

Kind Regards,
DG. Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Regards, DG Rooven

Hi,

I have investigated and what I have stated above is correct.

The SDK is not require for open source applications. For open source apps, users can use their preferred language as long as they are packaged correctly.

Kind Regards,
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team.

Regards, DG Rooven

I hope confirmation comes quikly?

Thank you

In continuation to the above point.

If its a open source or free app and its in .net or any runtime can I still go ahead and upload without using SDKs.

Thanks,
Khan

Khan

Hi Khan,

Thank you for your query.

Yes, in general if the application is open source it has to be published for free and you can upload it without using the SDK, provided it still satisfies the other validation criterias. Since you will not be using the SDK, you may wish to use the runtimes of your choice. As far as I know, there are no current limitations for the runtimes you can use for open-source applications. Also remember that since it will be an open source application, you may also need to publish it along with the source code files for the applications.

Regards,
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team.

Regards, DG Rooven

Hi DG Rooven
can open-source applications get prizes in this program or only non free application get prizes?

Hi,

Yes, open source applications also can be submitted and take part in the Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Challenge.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Regards, DG Rooven

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.