Where should I install svg icon for the application?

Where should I install svg icon for the application?

Right now, I install an svg icon to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps. Is this the correct place? I'm trying to avoid the insanity of generating several png sizes of the same icon. My test results (for qmlreddit) state that: "A .desktop file is created for the application but it does not appear graphically. The user must launch the application through the terminal" and now I'm wondering whether wrong icon handling is causing this. In my qmlreddit.desktop I have: [Desktop Entry] Encoding=UTF-8 Version=1.0 Type=Application Terminal=false Name=QmlReddit Comment=Reddit Reader Exec=/opt/info.vivainio.qmlreddit/bin/qmlreddit Icon=qmlreddit X-Window-Icon= X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable Categories=Network
3 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

You should store this file in /usr/share/pixmaps directory.

Hi Vivaninio:

I have not tried an icon in SVG format. You may have better luck with raster based types such as png. I am just not sure about SVG.
The fact that it is not showing may be due to that.

I have often used Gimp (which is free) to generate images. Is that an option you can try?

--vincent

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.