BUG report: using ttf font crashes encapsulator

BUG report: using ttf font crashes encapsulator

Hi, After half a day of selectively disabling parts of my app, zipping, uploading, waiting, downloading msi, copying to netbook, installing msi, running program - I finally found the encapsulator bug that crashes my app. it appears using a ttf font crashes the encapsulator. Hopefully this will save someone else wasted time. cheers,
5 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi,

an update that this appears to be to do with @font-face css, not just specific to ttf files. I also tried it with other formats.

The below two bits of css cause the crash.

@font-face {
font-family: 'ParisianRegular';
src: url('images/Parisian.ttf');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

@font-face {
src: url('images/parisian-webfont.svg#ParisianRegular') format('svg');
}

Thanks for the detailed report.. I've sent this to some folks internally to reproduce.

Cheers,
Andy

Hey Rene - okay - we've tried this and are unable to reproduce.

We were able to use the Parisian.ttf font on both Windows XP 32bit SP3 and Windows 7 Home Basic 32bit.

Here's the code we used:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css"> 
@font-face {
  src: url('images/Parisian.ttf');
}

div
{
  font-family:ParisianRegular;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<p><b>Note:</b> Internet Explorer only supports .eot fonts.</p>

<div>
With CSS3, websites can finally use fonts other than the pre selected "web-safe" fonts.
</div>

</body>
</html>

Hello,

thanks for looking into this!

So it seems like the crash must be related to the combination of the font and something else in the app.

Maybe I can find a minimal example of where it crashes, without the rest of it.

cheers,

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.