BUG report: using ttf font crashes encapsulator

BUG report: using ttf font crashes encapsulator

Portrait de Rene Dudfield
Hi, After half a day of selectively disabling parts of my app, zipping, uploading, waiting, downloading msi, copying to netbook, installing msi, running program - I finally found the encapsulator bug that crashes my app. it appears using a ttf font crashes the encapsulator. Hopefully this will save someone else wasted time. cheers,
5 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Rene Dudfield

Hi,

an update that this appears to be to do with @font-face css, not just specific to ttf files. I also tried it with other formats.

The below two bits of css cause the crash.

@font-face {
font-family: 'ParisianRegular';
src: url('images/Parisian.ttf');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

@font-face {
font-family: 'ParisianRegular';
src: url('images/parisian-webfont.svg#ParisianRegular') format('svg');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

Portrait de Andy Idsinga (Intel)

Thanks for the detailed report.. I've sent this to some folks internally to reproduce.

Cheers,
Andy

Portrait de Andy Idsinga (Intel)

Hey Rene - okay - we've tried this and are unable to reproduce.

We were able to use the Parisian.ttf font on both Windows XP 32bit SP3 and Windows 7 Home Basic 32bit.

Here's the code we used:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css"> 
@font-face {
  font-family: 'ParisianRegular';
  src: url('images/Parisian.ttf');
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
}

div
{
  font-family:ParisianRegular;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<p><b>Note:</b> Internet Explorer only supports .eot fonts.</p>

<div>
With CSS3, websites can finally use fonts other than the pre selected "web-safe" fonts.
</div>

</body>
</html>
Portrait de Rene Dudfield

Hello,

thanks for looking into this!

So it seems like the crash must be related to the combination of the font and something else in the app.

Maybe I can find a minimal example of where it crashes, without the rest of it.

cheers,

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.