It's time to light the afterburners

It's time to light the afterburners

I've been working with Nvidia compute boards for a while. They have their limitations but they are indeed fast and the K20 board with the Kepler 110 processor being released this fall has impressive new functionality in addition to having 2880 cores per card. Resting on your laurels is a losing strategy. I can't even get a decent set of specs much less programming examples. I use Xeons as the head of my heterogeneous design but the new Nvidia processor requires much less use of the primary CPU. Warren Buffet, a.k.a. Berkshire Hathaway has just sold it's entire large holdings in Intel. As Bob Dylan said "It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." May I humbly suggest that you (Intel) get development tools and hardware into the hands of developers ASAP. This is not a good time to try to make a handsome profit from the people who will build and develop applications for, the next generation of Intel hardware and thus demand for Intel products. Nvidia gives away it's development suite and so should you, along with at-cost development boards to developers. The hardware/software developer distinction is going to go away. This is not a new programming language, it's a new algorithmic paradigm. If Intel relies on being the big gun in the market it is going to end up being another army marching toward Moscow with winter coming on. You should be at DEFCON 1 and burning the midnight oil by the barrel. 

1 contribution / 0 nouveau(x)
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.