Profiling with VTune

Profiling with VTune

In the "Creating and Optimizing" webinar there was a demo of a VTune session where switching to the kernel code showed both the CL and assembly code.

I have tried to see the same with the SimpleOptimizations and my own test project, but only the assembly is shown.  To enable profiling I added the -profiling flag to clBuildProgram and recompiled, and the ENABLE_JITPROFILING and CL_CONFIG_USE_VTUNE flags to the VTune project.  'Source' and 'Assembly' do appear, but greyed out disabled.

Is there a way to see where VTune should find the CL file?

Is the CL source view only available in the 2013 Beta?  I am running the 2012 SDK and VTune 2011 Update 8.

I noticed that the Kernel Builder did not ship with the 2012 SDK, only the Offline Compiler.  Maybe other features were pushed back to 2013?  I think my next step is installing the 2013 Beta.

thanks!

2 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

The version of VTune that you are using is sufficient for what you are doing but I would recommend to switch to VTune Amplifier XE 2013 that has been released recently - there is a number of improvements there and we generally appreciate feedback on the newer versions of the tool.

Regarding OpenCL SDK - yes, you need to use the 2013 Beta version. Also, in addition to passing -profiling flag you also need to pass "-s {source file path}" option (e.g. "-s C:\projects\foo\src\foo.cl") for the tool to know where to locate the source file.

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui