XED2 vs Objdump : which one is better ?

XED2 vs Objdump : which one is better ?

Hi,

meanwhile I'm working with both XED2 and Objdump, i was wondering what's the difference between them in terms of dissassembly capability and precision? I know that Objdump is  a 1-to-1 disassembler, but i seems that XED2 also belongs to that category? so again, what makes XED2 more robust than Objdump? I still don't get this point. If anyone has some knowledge to share, then I would please if you could include references to some materials that I can look at. 

Thanks,regards,

tombishop83

2 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Mark Charney (Intel)

Hard for me to comment on objdump. Before writing XED, I used objdump a lot but have not used it in a long time.  I've added some stuff to XED to try to better cope with some of the fundamental challenges of decoding the instruction set. Often data-in-code will through off the decoding.  I've seen that with all x86 disassemblers. XED uses symbols if available to resynchronize its instruction pointer.

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.