cilkprof failing to compile

cilkprof failing to compile

Portrait de leoferres

Within the Makefile I only changed the var CXX = icpc to CXX = g++. All else is equal.

/usr/bin/ld: ../../3rdparty/pintool/intel64/lib/libpin.a(util_host_ia32e.os): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `DoXsave' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [linux64/cilkprof.so] Error 1

What could be going on?

Thanks.

4 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Barry Tannenbaum (Intel)

I'm not sure. I'd run into that before, but put it aside since I'd had other things to worry about and compiling with icpc worked correctly. I'll see if I can puzzle it out this week.

- Barry

Portrait de leoferres

Thanks for your reply, Barry. It's not critical, but I'm dying to know! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance... I can reproduce the error... always :)
Leo

Portrait de Barry Tannenbaum (Intel)

I've reproduced it. As far as I can tell, everything we compile uses the -fPIC option.

The offending module seems to be in libpin.a, so I've forwarded it to the PIN developers.

- Barry

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.