Inputs size

Inputs size

Portrait de Cyrille M.

Hello,

I would like to know more about the inputs that will be given to our code. Like what would be the maximum size ? That would be interesting so that we could know if it would fir entirely in memory.

Thanks for any tip !

5 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Dusan V.

Quote:

Cyrille M. wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know more about the inputs that will be given to our code. Like what would be the maximum size ? That would be interesting so that we could know if it would fir entirely in memory.

Thanks for any tip !

Hi Cyrille,

it's already stated:

Quote:

Cédric ANDREOLLI (Intel) wrote:

Hi Mircea !

You must think your program to scale on all the configurations you can imagine. So for the moment there is no upper bound.

Quote:

paul-guermonprez (Intel) wrote:

hello

no limit on flights, no limit on vacation airports.
the sky is the limit !

paul
@intel

Portrait de Cyrille M.

Thanks for the answer ! I'm skeptical though about the absence of upper bound limit for the size of the inputs since the sequential algorythm given by Intel as an example loads every flight into memory before processing them. Therefore an input of more than the memory since would not work with Intel's example.

Portrait de Tim

In fact, if you care about memory optimizations, you will be able to run every scenarios on the benchmark (it's possible that your memory could not be enough to run a scenario but I think that you won't have too much problems with that... for now ! :)).
The computer which will be used by Intel to evaluate our program will be enough powerful to run a program with a good optimization of memory uses.
But do not forget that memory optimization is a part of our work (Cédric said it there :
Quote:

Cédric ANDREOLLI (Intel) wrote:

You should care about memory usage but lets say that the testing environment should have more memory than you personal computer.

).
If you think that your program is well optimized with memory uses, you should not have problems with that ! :)

Don't forget that the only goal of the Intel's given algorithm is to have an output example. It is NOT the best algorithm ever (and it is wanted). :p

Regards,

Timothé Viot, Engineer student, Insa Rennes 1 France
Portrait de neshone

Hello,

As Tim stated, there should be plenty of RAM available on the machines, but just to make you an example:
In the last competition, we had inputs as large as 800 MB. The example code would need many GBs of RAM (tens or hundreds) to process that output, so we had to optimze our memory usage to be able to process such inputs.
So don't rely on the example code except for the outputs, everything else has to be better.

Best regards,
Nenad

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.