Redistributing Intel Shared Objects

Redistributing Intel Shared Objects

We are developing a software package that will be delivering to our customer as a shared object. This software package makes use of the Intel compiler (which the customer has) and the Intel MKL (which they may or may not have). As a result, our software has dependencies on a number of Intel shared objects. Namely,

libmkl_intel_lp64.so => /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.so
libmkl_intel_thread.so => /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.so
libmkl_core.so => /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.so

libiomp5.so => /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/compiler/lib/intel64/libiomp5.so
libimf.so => /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/compiler/lib/intel64/libimf.so
libsvml.so => /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/compiler/lib/intel64/libsvml.so
libintlc.so.5 => /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/compiler/lib/intel64/libintlc.so.5

One of my developers said that we can simply include the Intel shared objects with our release and that will solve any potential missing dependency issues. However, before I do this, I want to make sure that I can redistribute Intel shared objects under the terms of the Intel license. As far as I can tell, it looks like it is allowed, but is it specifically outlined somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

You can bundle the specific shared objects required by your application (e.g. include them in a tarball), or take advantage of the redistributable shared object package which is available at https://registrationcenter.intel.com
Licenses which don't support commercial distribution (e.g. evaluation, academic, beta) don't carry the privilege of distributing shared objects.

Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.