QPI is either 0 or not a number

QPI is either 0 or not a number

I am trying to measure QPI bandwidth on a dual socket Sandy Bridge E5-2670 SGI machine.  Do the QPI counters work in PCM V2.3? 

I use pcm.x to monitor the QPI output.
Here is the output sample, and you can see that QPI is either 0 or not a number.

Intel(r) QPI data traffic estimation in bytes (data traffic coming to CPU/socket through QPI links):

QPI0     QPI1    |  QPI0   QPI1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKT    0        0        0     |  -2147483648%   -2147483648%
SKT    1        0        0     |  -2147483648%   -2147483648%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total QPI incoming data traffic:    0       QPI data traffic/Memory controller traffic: -nan

Intel(r) QPI traffic estimation in bytes (data and non-data traffic outgoing from CPU/socket through QPI links):

QPI0     QPI1    |  QPI0   QPI1

SKT    0     9223372 T   9223372 T   |  -2147483648%   -2147483648%
SKT    1     9223372 T   9223372 T   |  -2147483648%   -2147483648%

Total QPI outgoing data and non-data traffic:    0

SKT    0 package consumed 46.27 Joules
SKT    1 package consumed 44.40 Joules

TOTAL:                    90.72 Joules

SKT    0 DIMMs consumed 6.45 Joules
SKT    1 DIMMs consumed 6.03 Joules

TOTAL:                  12.48 Joules

The pcm version is:
Intel(r) Performance Counter Monitor V2.3

5 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Roman Dementiev (Intel)

Hi Patrick,

QPI metrics in PCM might not work on Sandy Bridge E5-2670 if more than 1 instance of PCM is running. Please try to run just single instance. The number of instances (if > 1) is output on PCM start up.

Best,
Roman

It seems PCM starts two instances by default. How do you run just one instance? I couldn't find any documentation describing how.
Thanks,
Patrick

Portrait de Roman Dementiev (Intel)

PCM always starts single instance. It could be that the other instance was killed/died unexpectedly not cleaning up the system instance counter properly. Stop all PCM instances and execute "rm -rf /dev/shm/sem.*Intel*PCM*" to clean up the instance counter.

Hope it helps,
Roman

Citation :

Roman Dementiev (Intel) a écrit :

PCM always starts single instance. It could be that the other instance was killed/died unexpectedly not cleaning up the system instance counter properly. Stop all PCM instances and execute "rm -rf /dev/shm/sem.*Intel*PCM*" to clean up the instance counter.

Hope it helps,
Roman

Hi Roman,

I did the following command and restart pcm tool

rm –rf /dev/shm/sem.*Intel*PCM*

but i got some error:

ERROR: QPI LL counter programming seems not to work. Q_P0_PCI_PMON_BOX_CTL=0xffffffff
Please see BIOS options to enable the export of performance monitoring devices.
ERROR: QPI LL counter programming seems not to work. Q_P1_PCI_PMON_BOX_CTL=0xffffffff
ERROR: QPI LL counter programming seems not to work. Q_P0_PCI_PMON_BOX_CTL=0xffffffff
ERROR: QPI LL counter programming seems not to work. Q_P1_PCI_PMON_BOX_CTL=0xffffffff
Max QPI link speed: 16.0 GBytes/second (8.0 GT/second)

I couldn't find any option to export the performance monitor, the mother board is Intel® Server Board S2600JF.
Is it possible to enable it?

Thanks,

zhao

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.