How to submit description of Code

How to submit description of Code

Hi all,

we just had a look at the problem description and rules. Is it still the case, that the last submission to the benchmark cluster before the end of the contest will be used as final?

The main question is about this:

0-25 points for description of the code : description of the problem to be solved, which may include description of the serial algorithm, explanation of it, and what you did to solve the problem. (Text document, 100 words minimum, 300 words maximum, language accepted : Russian, French, English)

How shall we submit this document? Just a Textfile as part of the submitted zip-file?

regards

Hannes

14 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

We add a description file to a archive which is submitted.

Hello,

I'll use this thread to ask an essential question of fate which strikes me more and more with every day that passes by, and I still can't seem to find the answer to:

When exactly is the deadline hour? :)

Best regards,
Nenad

Low speed connection caused a double post, sorry...

The contest will start on November 1rst 2012 at 00:00 (Pacific time, GMT - 7:00) and end on December 14th 2012 at 00:00 (Pacific time, GMT - 7:00 ).
README.txt in the root of the zip is enough. You must explain your algorithm and how you solved the problem.

(Text document, 100 words minimum, 300 words maximum, language accepted : Russian, French, English)

Perhaps a very pedantic question, but how exactly does one count words? What about math formulae or code snippets? Does "cost(A) + cost(B)" count as 4 words? Could we rely on "wc -w" for this?

Hello,

You can aim for 200 words and you'll surely fit into the 100-300 words interval :)

Best regards,
Nenad

引文:

Cédric ANDREOLLI (Intel) 写道:

README.txt in the root of the zip is enough. You must explain your algorithm and how you solved the problem.

(Text document, 100 words minimum, 300 words maximum, language accepted : Russian, French, English)

PDF-document will be accepted?

Yes, PDF are OK and I guess that it is not really important if you have a little bit more than 300 words in the readme.

And do we have to provide comments in the code?
How will you ensure that description match the code? (not really serious question, just wondering) =)

I will not evaluate the submissions but do as you wish. I think (that is my personal point of view) that code must have comments (at least for the methods and attributes).

Hi,

can description of the code (in pdf) have pictures (and does it count 1picture = 1kwords :)), since itis easier to explain algorithm using pictures and text?

Of course you can have pictures :)

If you prefer you can also write the readme in a .txt and a more detailed explanation in a pdf with pictures

Of course you can have pictures :)

If you prefer you can also write the readme in a .txt and a more detailed explanation in a pdf with pictures

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui