[ICE] internal error: assert ion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/symbol_tbl.c", line 9836

[ICE] internal error: assert ion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/symbol_tbl.c", line 9836

I get an Internal Compiler Error when compiling the attached files.  Looks like the EDG frontend is bombing out (maybe).  This £521 C++11 compiler is becoming less and less value for money ;)  Hope there can be an easy update/fix?  Maybe the compiler options are conflicting?  Or maybe this really is a problem?

F:\keystone\include\udp/keystone/graphics/colour.hpp(31): internal error: assert
ion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/symbol_tbl.c", line 9836

class DLL_PUBLIC Colour final {

Compiled with:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\bin\intel64\ICL.exe /nologo /Qstd=c++11 /Dfinal= /Doverride= /Qwd13000 /W5 /Wport /Wcheck /FC /Werror-all /Ox /Qipo /MD /IF:\keystone\build\release\include /IF:\keystone\include /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\compiler\include /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\compiler\include\intel64 /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\INCLUDE /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\include\shared /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\include\um /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\include\winrt /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\ipp\include /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\mkl\include /IC:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\tbb\include /IF:\tool-chain\third_party\libraries\opensource\\cppunit\1.12.1\branches\junit\install\include /DNDEBUG /DBUILDING_DLL  ..\..\lib\graphics\src\colour.cpp /FC /c /Fo lib\graphics\src\colour.cpp.1.o

Note that final and override are macroed to nothing so that the intel compiler can glance over those C++11 features.

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger ice.zip82.16 Ko
6 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your problem report. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem, and it looks that the compiler reported some errors before reaching the Internal error. I got something like this on my machine.

colour.cpp
include\udp/keystone/graphics/colour.hpp(31): error: incomplete type is not allowed
^

include\udp/keystone/graphics/colour.hpp(32): error: expected an expression
public: /* Public type definition */
^

include\udp/keystone/graphics/colour.hpp(48): error: expected a "}"
};
^

Probably there is something (macro definitions?) missing here. Could you please upload a preprocessed source file for me? In order to generate a preprocessed file, replace /c option with /E option in your command line. The output is preprocessed source, which is what I need.

Thank you.
--
Feilong H.
Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools

Matt,

The Intel C++ Compiler Forum is devoted to resolving technical problems, issues and software developers are interested in these subjects first of all.

>>... This £521 C++11 compiler is becoming less and less value for money ;)...

I think you need to ask yourself several questions like:

- How many C/C++ compilers I'm experienced with?
- How would I compare Intel C++ compiler against other C/C++ compilers?
- Does it give some advantages over other C/C++ compilers?

If your answers are mostly positive then it makes sense to use Intel C++ compiler.

Thank you for your questions and a test case. I'll take a look at it.

Hi Matt,

I reproduced the problem with 13.1 compiler.  See below.

C:\ice>icl /nologo /Qstd=c++11 /Dfinal= /Doverride= /Iinclude /DNDEBUG /DBUILDING_DLL lib\graphics\src\colour.cpp /c
colour.cpp
include\udp/keystone/graphics/colour.hpp(31): internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/symbol_tbl.c", line 9837

^

compilation aborted for lib\graphics\src\colour.cpp (code 4)

And it appears that 14.0 compiler (which is in beta) contains a fix for this issue.  In case that you'd like to participate the beta program, read this.

If the fix in 13.1 is a must-to-have for you, please let me know.

Feilong

Hi everybody,

>>...If the fix in 13.1 is a must-to-have for you, please let me know...

Feilong, I think it will be the best solution to implement the fix in version 13 as well. Thanks in advance.

Hi Sergey,

I'm entering this issue to our problem-tracking database.  And engineering team will look further into it.  I'll let you know whether fixing it in 13.1 is feasible or not.

Feilong

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui