download compaq visual fortran 6.6

download compaq visual fortran 6.6

I have bought a CVF professionnal 6.6 about ten years ago. I need to reinstall it. I have with me the licence agreement with a licence number ( XXXXX-XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXX) but I have not found the CD. I have expected to find easily the dat on the web. but I was unsuccessful. Do you know any way to get the necessary files?

many thanks in advance

bernard

10 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

There is no legal download source for CVF - sorry.

Steve

this will probably be the good moment to buy a new fortran compiler. moreover, I am moving to Windows 7 64 bits.
I am not making very sophisticated programs, Compaq visual fortan was perfect with the IMSL library.
what would be a new product as close as possible and compatible with my existing programs?

bernard

Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 with IMSL 6.0

Steve

Bernard,

To me, IVF Composer XE 2013 seems cumbersome compared with DVF.

Despite the unavailabilit of CVF, aren't there serious issues running under 64-bit Windows?

Quote:

Despite the unavailabilit of CVF, aren't there serious issues running under 64-bit Windows?

So I believe from many earlier post.
As a user similarly reluctant to move from my well-upholstered CVF comfort zone, developed over a long period, I have finally made the move over to IVF. The thing I miss most in IVF that CVF provided is seamless addition of help on all the Windows API functions that are required to write true Windows programs in Fortran. They turn up in the Index and descriptions and help is easily found, whereas the IVF Search for help is nowhere near so friendly, IMHO, and could benefit from organising it a la CVF. For this reason, keeping a 32-bit OS available running my copy of CVF 6.6C has been my main reason to rsist my employers desire to get us all to convert to 64-bit Windows. However, I now acknowledge the ease with which I can generate 64-bit executables on my 32-bit machine using the IVF XE Composer.

David,

Quote:

I don't use CVF for anything other than character mode programs. I have been able to get the CVF 6.6C command-line tools and GUI debugging to run reliably on W7HomePremium-X64 and W7Pro-X64.

One workaround that I stumbled upon was to replace DEVENV.EXE (Visual Studio) by MSDEV.EXE taken from a VS-6 installation on an old XP machine. This I did after several "open DEVENV.EXE in Windows XXX compatibility mode" attempts, made with different trial values for XXX, failed.

Another possibility is to install the XP Mode Virtual PC environment (free with Professional and higher editions of Windows 7) and install CVF under that. You can even put a shortcut to it on your regular desktop. Of course, you still get only 32-bit executables.

Steve

If you don't have the Pro or Ultra of Win7, you can still get the XP/Virtual PC.
links to install the free 'XP mode Virtual machine', you'll be glad you did if you ever need it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-xp... http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.