HAXM install fails on Windows 7 - "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver"

69 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi, I've just resolved this problem.

1. U should ensure that ur CPU compatible with the HAXM.

2. Check the drivers installation, such like intel MRT drivers are installed correctlly

3. If any error in the drivers, reinstall it correctlly

4. Try to install HAXM.

I found my intel MRT installation had some error in it, so I reinstalled and corrected it.

Everything seems OK know, I install the HAXM with no error.

>>...intel MRT drivers are installed correctlly...

What are Intel MRT drivers? Please specify.

Interesting what caused the problem.

Tao, Please take a look at attached files.

Best regards,
Sergey

Fichiers joints: 

Tao, I also used MsInfo32.exe utility to verify that HAXM driver is loaded and working:

Fichiers joints: 

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger intelhaxmdriverstatus.jpg125.95 Ko

@Sergey

I went through the whole log file and this there is no error returned by the DriverPackageInstall() routine.Could that error be the culprit of failed HAXM installation on supported CPU's?

>>...I went through the whole log file and this there is no error returned by the DriverPackageInstall() routine.Could that error be
>>the culprit of failed HAXM installation on supported CPU's?

Unfortunately, I don't know. I hope that all our reports, discussions and assumptions will help Intel developers to fix some issues with HAXM Installer and Driver.

PS: I would be very surprised if HAXM Installation would fail on a system with a latest Generation of Intel CPU.

>>>Unfortunately, I don't know. I hope that all our reports, discussions and assumptions will help Intel developers to fix some issues with HAXM Installer and Driver>>>

Me too.

>>>PS: I would be very surprised if HAXM Installation would fail on a system with a latest Generation of Intel CPU>>>

That was the case of failed HAXM installation on IIRC Daniel's pc.

HI I am wondering if there is any solution or update to this problem. 

I also envounter ""Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver" when installing INtelHaxm, hoping to speed up Android simulator

My CP is i7 860 , and i have run MS hardware0assiated virtualization detection tool which comfirms that vertualization is on. 

Can anyone please give me instruction how to turn on the logs so that i can contribute and hopefully get this issue resolved soon? thanks!

Hi, All,

We are working on a new version of HAXM which also supports Windows 8. It will be available on our site soon. There are many factors that could contribute to the "failed to configure driver". If you happen to have an issue on your sytem, please send me a direct message. I will send you some best known methods to try. Thanks

-Tao

>>...We are working on a new version of HAXM which also supports Windows 8. It will be available on our site soon. There are
>>many factors that could contribute to the "failed to configure driver"...

As a feature request it would be nice to see a better diagnostic in the Installation Log-file of HAXM driver with as better as possible description why, for example, the installation failed.

Citation :

Sergey Kostrov a écrit :

>>...We are working on a new version of HAXM which also supports Windows 8. It will be available on our site soon. There are
>>many factors that could contribute to the "failed to configure driver"...

As a feature request it would be nice to see a better diagnostic in the Installation Log-file of HAXM driver with as better as possible description why, for example, the installation failed.

Some clue can be obtained by inspecting the error code of this  DriverPackageInstall() routine.I do not know if only driver install routine can be blamed for the HAXM installation failure.

I am having the same error, anyone still around that can help?

Hi, how can I solution this?

JudLup Luna

finally got it to work only after disabling hyper threading and using the install intelhxm.inf method as seen on this thread http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2013/04/25/workaround-patch-for-haxm-installation-error-failed-to-configure-driver-unknown  It would have been nice for this link to have been posted in this thread earlier as that would haev saved me two days worth of work....

Hi, I tried multiple solutions online. Nothing works.

Can someone help me on this issue:"Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver"

I have attached log

Fichiers joints: 

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger haxm_install_log.txt67.02 Ko

@jizhou j. From your log I saw you are running Windows 7 with SP1 - build 7601. Right?

You can try this:

1. Connect your computer to internet
  2. From command line run "certmgr.msc", go to “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” -> “Certificates”, ensure following certificate is there. If not existing, just wait for a while with computer connecting to internet, and it will be installed automatically

AddTrust External CA Root              AddTrust External CA Root             5/30/2020           Server Authenticati...          USERTrust

1. After the above certificate is there, then run the HAXM installer.

Facing the same problem just my problem is a little above my head.

In android studio first I installed intel haxm my OS is Windows 7.Everything was fine it was running correctly no installation errors. A few days later I formatted my Laptop (C Drive only) then again installed android studio now it is showing intel haxm is not installed. I tried to install it manually then it shows the error "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver". I thought maybe my Intel Virtualization is disabled I checked the BIOS it was disabled then I enabled it but after that when I tried to install intel haxm the same error. Help me. Here is my install log file.

Fichiers joints: 

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger haxm_install_log.zip24.86 Ko

Pages

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui