Error before any memory analysis

Error before any memory analysis

I am getting an "Error 255" before Inspector seems to perform any memory analysis on my C program.  I am doing a static compile with C and some Fortran mixed in (icc and ifort) but the same failure happens when I compile dynamically.  The error I get is rather cryptic and I can't find the description of Error 255 in documentation.  I'm quoting the log file below.  Is there something wrong with my program's compile settings?  Valgrind runs on it.  Thanks!

David

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<feedback>
<message severity="info">Memory error analysis: started</message>
<nop/>
<message severity="info">Result file: [/home/david/intel/inspxe/projects/OccBC$
<nop/>
<message severity="error">An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for th$
<nop/>
<message severity="info">Application exit code: [255] </message>
<nop/>
<message severity="error">An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for th$
<nop/>
<message severity="info">Result file: [/home/david/intel/inspxe/projects/OccBC$
<nop/>
<message severity="info">Memory error analysis: terminated</message>
<nop/>
</feedback>

4 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Could you attach the entire result directory? It contains additional logs that would helpful in understanding the error (in <result dir>/data.0/ if you want to look at them as well). (Sent it privately if you don't want it posted on a public forum).

The exit code of 255 usually means the actual exit code was out of range (> 255).

Inspector will give better results with dynamic linking, at least once the current problem gets resolved and you actually get results.

Mark

Oh!
I was looking through that section and I think I figured it out. I'm running version 2011 and it is saying my Linux Kernel 3.2 is not a supported version.
I attached the files though, in case I misinterpreted that.

Thanks!
David

Fichiers joints: 

Yes, you are correct - the version of Inspector XE 2011 you are running does not support version 3 linux kernels. Update 8 or later should work.

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui