Bug in icc 13.0.0.079 and 13.0.1.117

Bug in icc 13.0.0.079 and 13.0.1.117

Found while attempting to compile postgresql using icc.  Attached preprocessed source of file which failed.

icc -c -o network.o network.i ": internal error: backend signals compilation aborted for network.i (code 4) 

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger network.i445.3 Ko
8 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hello,

I can confirm this problem even with the latest version 13.0.1.117. Thus I created a defect ticket (DPD200240067) and let you know once fixed.

Thank you for reporting!

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Sorry off topic, Can you tell me what's the release date of  icc13 update2?:)

thanks

Hello,

there is no official date but you can expect it end of January, beginning February.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Looks like it's working in composerxe 2013.2.146

Hi
When you are halted on this error with  versions mentioned

In this step
cd src/backend/utils/adt
/opt/intel/bin/icc -Os   -I../../../../src/include -c -o network.o network.c

cd ../../../  (return to postgresql-9.2.2 home directory)

repeat make to end compilation

If you don't have path  intel lib
 use command
cp /opt/intel/lib/intel64/libintlc.so libintlc.so.5  libsvml.a  libsvml.so /usr/lib
ldconfig
su postgres
time make check
  etc ...
Regards

Hello,

it should be fixed already with latest updates 2 and higher. Just confirmed by engineering. Please let me know if you still face that problem.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Hi Georg,

>>...icc -c -o network.o network.i ": internal error: backend signals compilation aborted for network.i (code 4)...

These internal error messages are very confusing and I wonder if they could be more specific? First of all it is Not clear at all where the compiler failed. What is a line number in a source files, or a function name, etc? It would be nice to see more technical details and consider it as a Feature Request.

Thanks in advance.

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui