VS2012 and Intel Fortran XE 13 hover and watch problem

VS2012 and Intel Fortran XE 13 hover and watch problem

I am using VS2012 together with Visual Fortran Compiler XE 13.0.0.089.

and I am building a 64-bits application.

I can break and step through the Fortran code but I cannot examine any variable
with watch or hover over the variable.

The stackframe says:

<Unknown function> Line 662 Unknown

The line number is correct.

Any ideas what may be the reason fro this behaviour ?

/Lars

12 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Are you looking at the debug build? The behaviour you're experiencing suggests you're looking at a release build.

Yes, I am looing at a debug build.

And I have now also tested to build a 32.bits applictation.

Same behaviour.

/Lars

This is a known problem - I am told it will be fixed in Update 2, due out later this month.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Okay, I'll wait and hope ....

Thanks Steve

I have this problem as well.  Until it is corrected, I was wondering whether the problem is only with VS2012 Ultimate (which is what I'm using), or with all VS2012 versions? 

All VS2012 editions

Hi, I am having the same problem with VS2012 Intel and visual Fortran composer 2013...  I can't watch while I am debbuging the values that I am getting. Is because of the same problem? was it solved?

Yes, it should be solved in the current version (Update 3 as I write this.) I believe it was fixed in Update 2.

Try Adding Watch with Right Click over variable, then making the variable name all CAPITALS by double clicking on the variable name in Watch and editing.  For example, you can watch IWALKT (a 4 byte integer of value 0) but you cannot see iWalkT because VS cannot find symbol name.

IWALKT 0 long
  iWalkT CXX0017: Error: symbol "iWalkT" not found 

This is strange behaviour by VS 2013 as case insensitivity of Fortran was respected by VS 2010 and enforced for C++ code in my mixed language project.  I have workaround this for local variables but VS 2013 still cannot watch global variables from Included Commons.

I am considering returning to VS 2010 and leave the Managed Code silliness to the .NET people.  Having a repository shared by a dozen workers in 3 time zones is plenty of Management for me! :)

In conclusion, try making the variable name in Watch all CAPITALS!

Quote:

Brian C. wrote:

Try Adding Watch with Right Click over variable, then making the variable name all CAPITALS by double clicking on the variable name in Watch and editing.  For example, you can watch IWALKT (a 4 byte integer of value 0) but you cannot see iWalkT because VS cannot find symbol name.

IWALKT 0 long
  iWalkT CXX0017: Error: symbol "iWalkT" not found 

This is strange behaviour by VS 2013 as case insensitivity of Fortran was respected by VS 2010 and enforced for C++ code in my mixed language project.  I have workaround this for local variables but VS 2013 still cannot watch global variables from Included Commons.

I am considering returning to VS 2010 and leave the Managed Code silliness to the .NET people.  Having a repository shared by a dozen workers in 3 time zones is plenty of Management for me! :)

In conclusion, try making the variable name in Watch all CAPITALS!

Brian C.,

Which version of Intel Fortran are you using?  With Intel Fortran Compiler 15 version (Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 15.0.0.108) integrated with 3 versions of Visual Studio (2013, 2012, and 2010), I do not notice any such problems with watch variables from Fortran code in any of the VS versions.  

FortranFan

My Intel setup in VS 2013 is this:

Intel(R) Visual Fortran     Package ID: w_fcompxe_2013_sp1.4.237
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 Update 4 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2013, 14.0.0100.12, Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Intel Corporation

My VS 2013 version stuff is this:

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.21005.1 REL
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.5.50938

Installed Version: Professional

I have temporarily retreated back to VS 2010 until I can get this fixed.

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui