Intel VTune Amplifier 4GB Limit (32 Bit)?

Intel VTune Amplifier 4GB Limit (32 Bit)?

Portrait de Frank W.

Hi,

I'm new to Intel VTune tools and I have a problem analyzing a rather large "logfile" in VTune Amplifier. The problem is that VTune Amplifier crashes when I try to look at the Bottom-up view in the Locks and Waits analysis (after collecting some data with Concurrency Analysis). I've noticed that it crashes shortly after allocating 4GB of memory. Does that mean that VTune Amplifier cannot allocate more than 4GB of memory because it's a 32-bit app in some way? I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit and Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013. I guess I could try to collect less data during the Concurrency Analysis? Currently the folder with the log data for that project is about 3,3GB.

5 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de tangzhanghong98@yahoo.com

Hi Frank,

I guess you used 32 bit version VTune or your program is 32 bit version. My program usually allocated more than 4 GB memory and what you said didn't happen at my side.

Thanks,

Zhanghong Tang

Portrait de Frank W.

Actually I did not see any distinction between 64-bit and 32-bit of VTune. I've noticed there is a bin32 and a bin64 folder inside the VTune program folder. But only the bin32 folder contains the actual VTune executable (amplxe-gui.exe)

Portrait de tangzhanghong98@yahoo.com

Hi Frank,

I usually launch the VTune from IDE, I think the IDE can choose the correct execute file.

Portrait de Peter Wang (Intel)

Running 32bit applications on 64bit platform, simply do - "editbin.exe /LARGEADDRESSAWARE prog.exe"

So there is no 2GB restriction of memory access for new generated application.

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.