Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Beta3 just released

Portrait de David Lu (Intel)

This release contains:
• New Gestures: Big5, Circle, Swipe Up/Down
• Bug fixes: Nuance engine and wrapper, SK DS/CI lib fixes (better hand tracking), Memory leak fixes, etc.
• New sample apps
• A new MICL installer

Please see the SDK Release Notes for details (these are part of the SDK download package).
You can download the SDK from the perceptual computing page: http://intel.com/software/perceptual.
Visit the FAQ page: http://software.intel.com/articles/perc-faq.

Thanks,

David

18 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de yosun

Beta3 does not support x64?

Beta3 support both x86 and x64. 

Portrait de yosun

Why isn't this installed in C:/Program Files/Intel ... looks like my old beta2 installation @ C:/Program Files/Intel was wiped and replaced with C:/Program files (x86)/Intel...

Portrait de yosun

up

Portrait de David C.

1) NEED link to download the FULL INSTALLER, not the web installer currently on the site. Development is under a VMWare Virtualized setup, sandboxed with NO INTERNET ACCESS for security.

2) http://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/sdkmanual-core_0.pdf
    Trying to get started with this SDK, but manual download says "This file is damaged...".

David, http://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/sdkmanual-core_0.pdf works for me. Could you try again? We only have web-install only and we don’t have an installer that contains everything.

Portrait de Matthew P.

FYI, the new SDK seems to break all of the Intel code snippets on Github (for the Processing framework). I can only run the included helloProcessing with beta 3, whereas in beta 2 all of the github samples also worked without any modification.

I dislike the new Web installer, it is especially burdensome when trying to install the SDK on different systems for testing, some of which may not even have an Internet connection. What was the problem with the original format? It also silently deletes any beta 2 files and there is no way to download the previous beta unless you managed to save a copy previously.

Portrait de yureckey

Quote:

Matthew P. wrote:FYI, the new SDK seems to break all of the Intel code snippets on Github (for the Processing framework). I can only run the included helloProcessing with beta 3, whereas in beta 2 all of the github samples also worked without any modification.

Well, there are few changes in arguments and function calls, but as we have old and new sources - it's easy to make right modification.

for example

OLD

int[] lm_size = session.QueryDepthMapSize();

NEW

lm_size = new int[2];

if (session.QueryDepthMapSize(lm_size)) {}

Yosun,

Beta3 also have both 32bit and 64bit libraries. You can find those libiaries under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\PCSDK\lib

Portrait de Martin Wojtczyk

Nice! I like the new attribute_detection and face_recognition examples.

Thank you for the Beta3 release

-- May the source be with you.
Portrait de yosun

One major suggestion: do not force-bundle Dragon in the next installer.. That download takes FOREVER and not everyone is using Dragon. 

Portrait de yosun

Similar with Unity framework, instead of

int width,height;
pp.QueryN..(width,height,out gnode)... 

it becomes

int[2] dim;
pp.QueryN.(dim,out gnode); 

Simple change from 3 params to 2 params, but in future versions, it may be better to have an overload that supports previous versions 

Quote:

yureckey wrote:

Quote:

Matthew P. wrote:FYI, the new SDK seems to break all of the Intel code snippets on Github (for the Processing framework). I can only run the included helloProcessing with beta 3, whereas in beta 2 all of the github samples also worked without any modification.

Well, there are few changes in arguments and function calls, but as we have old and new sources - it's easy to make right modification.

for example

OLD

int[] lm_size = session.QueryDepthMapSize();

NEW

lm_size = new int[2];

if (session.QueryDepthMapSize(lm_size)) {}

Portrait de Matthew P.

I have never been able to get the SDK (beta 2 or beta 3) to work with Processing 2+ despite claims that it supports it. If Intel can supply a working "helloProcessing" sample that works with 2.x I'd sure appreciate it. Steps to reproduce:

1.) Download and install the Perceptual SDK (I have tried beta 2 and beta 3).

2.) Download and extract Processing 2+ (I have tried beta 6 and beta 7).

3.) Copy {PCSDK}\framework\Processing\ to {sketches}\

4.) Launch the included "helloProcessing" sketch

5.) Make sure path is correctly pointing to the sketches dir in Preferences (e.g., Documents\Processing)

6.) Attempt to run the app, and fatal errors such as the one below resutls every time.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.MemoryBlockFactory.setPreferredMemoryType(MemoryBlockFactory.java:25)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.MemoryBlockFactory.createMemoryBlock(MemoryBlockFactory.java:44)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.misc.HKEY.createPointer(HKEY.java:67)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.misc.HKEY.<init>(HKEY.java:34)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.misc.HKEY.<clinit>(HKEY.java:19)
    at intel.pcsdk.PXCUPipeline.<clinit>(PXCUPipeline.java:48)
    at helloProcessing.<clinit>(helloProcessing.java:30)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
    at processing.core.PApplet.runSketch(PApplet.java:9867)
    at processing.core.PApplet.main(PApplet.java:9678)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.xvolks.jnative.JNative.nMalloc(I)I
    at org.xvolks.jnative.JNative.nMalloc(Native Method)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.JNative.allocMemory(JNative.java:722)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.HeapMemoryBlock.reserveMemory(HeapMemoryBlock.java:34)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.HeapMemoryBlock.<init>(HeapMemoryBlock.java:21)
    ... 19 more
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: class org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.HeapMemoryBlock not found
    at org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.MemoryBlockFactory.setPreferredMemoryType(MemoryBlockFactory.java:33)
    at org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.MemoryBlockFactory.createMemoryBlock(MemoryBlockFactory.java:44)
org.xvolks.jnative.exceptions.NativeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: class org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.HeapMemoryBlock not found
    at org.xvolks.jnative.pointers.memory.MemoryBlockFactory.createMemoryBlock(MemoryBlockFactory.java:50)
Failed to initialize PXCUPipeline

Portrait de Matthew P.

Update: I was informed the SDK only supports 32-bit w/ Processing. That may have been my problem as I was using 64-bit.

Portrait de Abhishek 81

Will I be able to toggle between the older SDK and this new one?Suppose some project is not Compiling in the newer version and works good in the older version will i be able to use both SDK updates parallely?

Abhishek Nandy
Portrait de daflippers

Note the sample folder is *still* installed under %programfiles% or %programfiles(x86)% on 64bit platforms.

I suggest you copy the sample folder to somewhere in your Libraries and work on it there.  This will allow easy back up of your work and Windows won't prevent the sample programs writing to disk.

David 

Portrait de yosun

Appears by default everything is in Program Files (x86) (and the things that were in just Program Files for x64 are wiped) ... you can change the folder on install, but this is a source of confusion if your old stuff pointed to the x64 folder instead

Quote:

daflippers wrote:

Note the sample folder is *still* installed under %programfiles% or %programfiles(x86)% on 64bit platforms.

I suggest you copy the sample folder to somewhere in your Libraries and work on it there.  This will allow easy back up of your work and Windows won't prevent the sample programs writing to disk.

David 

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.