FFT with modified fourier coeffitients

FFT with modified fourier coeffitients

Dear MKL forum,
I solve such a problem. Can you help me please?
Lets have a function Y=∑ k=−∞ iYneikπy and then I have a function which is defined as X=∑k=−∞ ik2Yneikπy.

I know the Y. The i is imaginary unit.

How can I compute the X? I think I do the FFT on Y and obtain thus the Yn, right? And then I think I will do the backward FFT of function defined as f=ik2Yn. But what have I do with the summation index k here in the function f?

It is right that FFT(ik2Yn)=X?

I'm not sure absolutely what to do with k when the FFT sum is summated per k. Or can I change something in MKL FFT directly?

7 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi, please give me a day to think about how to do this using MKL and/or a combination with VML and I will get back to you right away.

many thanks for your time, I'm looking forward - this is really a problem for me...

>>>It is right that FFT(ik2Yn)=X?>>>

I do not know if you will get X , but in tthis case you are doing Inverse FFT on already transformed function so you will get  Y.

Hi, just letting you know that I am still thinking about an elegant way to do this problem. It is turning out to be harder than I thought, and I thank you for coming up with this situation. Sorry it is taking awhile to figure out. From the first glance, I don't think we can support the sum with k^2, it is not and FFT, but I think it still may be possible to compute this in a different way still using MKL.

You have Y, the Fourier transform of Yn.

You want to compute X which is (or rather seems to be) the convolution of Y and some function whose Fourier transform is k2. If this is the case, then our recommendation is the following:

- take inverse Fourier of Y to obtain Yn

- compute elementwise multiplication k2 and y (say result is tmp)

- finally compute FFT of tmp to obtain X

MKL can do the FFT, but the elementwise multiplication of k2 and Yn can be computed by a simple loop. Use the O3 compiler optimization to get the best results out of that loop.

ah yes! many many thanks!

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui