Ultrabook

Ultrabook

I have swithed on fast boot in the intel ivy bridge ultrabook and now I am unable o enter bios setup. 

8 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

When you switch on Fast boot from BIOS settings, it sets "Setup prompt timeout" to 0 seconds. Still you can enter in BIOS setup by continuosly pressing DEL or F2 keys at the start. If this is not helping, try resetting you BIOS by removing power of BIOS, wait for 10 mins. and  plug power to BIOS then try powering your Ultabook.

Next time you switch on fast boot, on confirmation screen - select NO, this will keep Setup prompt timeout to whatever value is set (default is 1 sec) then save settings and exit. This will keep setup prompt for 1 second and will give a chance to enter BIOS.

Thanks,
Rumnha

Hi, windows os has been  Bios lock for not format the same.

JudLup Luna

Zitat:

Rumnha schrieb:

When you switch on Fast boot from BIOS settings, it sets "Setup prompt timeout" to 0 seconds. Still you can enter in BIOS setup by continuosly pressing DEL or F2 keys at the start. If this is not helping, try resetting you BIOS by removing power of BIOS, wait for 10 mins. and  plug power to BIOS then try powering your Ultabook.

Next time you switch on fast boot, on confirmation screen - select NO, this will keep Setup prompt timeout to whatever value is set (default is 1 sec) then save settings and exit. This will keep setup prompt for 1 second and will give a chance to enter BIOS.

I have the Haswell ultrabook, and have never changed any boot settings in the BIOS-- however, no matter what, the device does not respond to DEL or F2 keys on boot.  At all.

I need to be able to boot from an external USB hard drive.  Any ideas?

Obviously booting from an external device totally compromises security but presuming you need to install a new OS it should be possible to boot from another device.  It could be the UltraBook doesn't allow boots from external HDD. 

My way forward would be

1. Try using an external keyboard
  2. Try to boot from external CD/DVD
  3. Try to boot from USB stick

David

Zitat:

daflippers schrieb:

Obviously booting from an external device totally compromises security but presuming you need to install a new OS it should be possible to boot from another device.  It could be the UltraBook doesn't allow boots from external HDD. 

My way forward would be

1. Try using an external keyboard
  2. Try to boot from external CD/DVD
  3. Try to boot from USB stick

David

#3 was one of the first things I tried-- bootable USB stick was ignored by BIOS.  I'll give the others a shot, thanks.

(duplicate post)

Zitat:

Randall Arnold schrieb:

Quote:

Rumnha wrote:

I have the Haswell ultrabook, and have never changed any boot settings in the BIOS-- however, no matter what, the device does not respond to DEL or F2 keys on boot.  At all.

I need to be able to boot from an external USB hard drive.  Any ideas?

What model is your ultrabook ? Please mind giving full details includig vendor.

Harsh Prateek,CEO and Owner,Mamba International

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui