Updated Examples/Documentation for Beta 3

Updated Examples/Documentation for Beta 3

Does the documentation reflect new changes for Beta 3? We're seeing inconsistencies with certain 3rd party functions, in particular with QueryFaceID() that's used for Processing and Unity. It's being used as an array of integers in the source, but the documentation mentions it as a boolean, thus we can't run any of the examples (using Windows 7, Processing 1.5.1 32-bit). Perhaps the examples just need to be updated?

7 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

The examples mentioned are on the Intel Perceptual Github page @ https://github.com/IntelPerceptual/PerceptualP5

Seems like the code on github is a bit outdated. The helloProcessing example that was packaged with Beta 3 works fine and uses the updated method.

They have some directory organization issue. You can find the updated Unity examples (that shows how to use QueryFace) in the sdk or the dev directory that came in your SDK installation path

Yeah beta 3 broke all of the Processing examples on Github, which was made for beta 2... I spoke briefly with one of the authors of those snippets back in early February and he was aware and said they'd be updated but there was no indication of when this would be.  The necessary changes in transitioning from beta 2 to beta 3, from what I've gathered, are quite simplistic.  But, I never saw any documentation detailing the required syntax changes which proved frustrating upon upgrading to beta 3 and realizing nothing worked in my beta 2 prototype (and the beta 2 was completely uninstalled, including its own HelloProcessing sample for comparison).

The github code is updated (most samples.) Please refer to the sdk manual for the new API syntax: sdkmanuals.pdf or chm, also, sdkdevguide.pdf for how to properly deploy different framrwork applications.

Sorry for the trouble. We will be careful next time but as we evolve the features and understanding of the field, it's difficult to garentee no code change, esepcially at the high level. The SDK maintains binary compatibility at the C++ libraries. It's better you keep a copy of any porting libraries ("libraries") with your applications, as described in sdkdevguide.pdf.

I posted about documentation mis-match a while ago. rather than being online, SDK3 docs are actually local in the docs directory in yoru SDK path.. 

Citation :

Matthew P. a écrit :

Yeah beta 3 broke all of the Processing examples on Github, which was made for beta 2... I spoke briefly with one of the authors of those snippets back in early February and he was aware and said they'd be updated but there was no indication of when this would be.  The necessary changes in transitioning from beta 2 to beta 3, from what I've gathered, are quite simplistic.  But, I never saw any documentation detailing the required syntax changes which proved frustrating upon upgrading to beta 3 and realizing nothing worked in my beta 2 prototype (and the beta 2 was completely uninstalled, including its own HelloProcessing sample for comparison).

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui