debugging and Fortran modules

debugging and Fortran modules

Portrait de steve.konarski

I am having a problem in VS 2012 / Intel Fortran when using  Fortran MODULES If I declare some variables in a MODULE, then USE the MODULE  with a program unit, then when debugging I expect to be able to Watch the contents of all the variables within that module – this is the case with COMMON blocks and worked fine for MODULEs under VS 2008

What I am observing is that I can only see the contents of variables that are actually referred to within the program unit (Subroutine / Function) – all other variables appear Undefined. For example if the module has x and y variables,  and the particular subrouitine only has x apperaing in it , the value of y is undefined when debugging

I would be grateful for any help

4 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Steve Lionel (Intel)

Yes, this is by design. You can add a watch for modulename::variablename to watch variables not referenced in the program unit.

Steve
Portrait de steve.konarski

Thanks Steve - however it appears in 2008 "variablename"  works BUT "modulename::variablename" doesnt, while  it is opposite in 2012. The disadvantage in 2012 is that if you have a long module name then you have to increase the column width size in the watch list to see what the variable is

Steve

Portrait de Steve Lionel (Intel)

Interesting - I'll check this out.

Steve

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.