Command line prompt path settings

Command line prompt path settings

I've been having path problems lately (bar total path length this is not related to ifort) - so I went a-digging.

The redistributable installer adds the following paths to the head of the system path:

%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redistintel64mpirt
%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redistintel64compiler
%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redistia32mpirt
%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redistia32compiler

Beyond the resulting excessive comsumption of precious system path length - all good.

When you start a command prompt for a particular ifort version and flavour, it adds the equivalent of the following to the head of the path

%IFORT_COMPILER14%redistintel64compiler

This means that the redistributables for the targeted version are picked up in preference to the system installed version - all good.

The command prompt script also adds the following to the tail of the path:

%IFORT_COMPILER14%redistintel64mpirt

This is shadowed by the system installed version.  If I follow what is going on correctly, bar differently named exe or dll additions to the targeted version directory, it would appear to be mostly decorative - hence if you are targeting a particular ifort version different to the installed version of the redistributables, your development testing will use a mix of ifort version bits. Is there a reason for this?

2 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

We've had issues with our MPI DLLs conflicting with a user's other MPI DLLs so we chose to put the mpirt folder at the end of PATH - we do this on Linux too, though on Linux there isn't any system-wide PATH we add to. I'll bring this up to the development team and maybe they'll decide to change it.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui