Linker option /MACHINE:I386

Linker option /MACHINE:I386

Hello there,

because of some reasons, I experimented a little with the linker-options of a project, that was from some time converted from Compaq Visual Fortran to Intel composer.

I just now discovered (shame on me), that there was always an additional option in the linker-command-line: /MACHINE:I386.

In the All-options-section is also the part  /MACHINE:IX86 kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib.

The option /MACHINE:I386. must came from my old project under Visual Compaq, I guess.

Now my question: I looked allready in documentation for options with /MACHINE, I think /MACHINE:I386 just makes nothing under Intel Composer 13, is this right?Cause at moment my project has both parameters, /MACHINE:IX86 and /MACHINE:I386.

Greetings,

Torsten

Greetings,
Torsten
4 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Just another question about forum in generel, cause it just happened to me: Is there no way to edit the first topic or the topic's name ? I just find "edit"-functionality in answers....

Greetings,
Torsten

You are correct that the /MACHINE setting got transferred from CVF. Just remove it from the linker options - you don't need it, and it will cause problems if you create a 64-bit configuration.

Sorry, there is no option for users to edit the thread. I did it for you.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks a lot!

Greetings,
Torsten

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui