compiling mpi

compiling mpi

Hello,

I am trying to parallelize the code using MPI. Does anybody know which compiler should be used?
I've already tried mpiicpc, mpig++, mpiicc (without success).

Thanks in advance.

8 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

I am having the same problem. I parallelize  the code using MPI, and I'm not sure which compiler to use. I tried mpic++ and it didn't work too.

I appreciate if someone could help us with the right compiler to use.

Thanks,
Hesham

Hello Ioana, Hesham,

What is the problem with MPI? You cannot compile program on MIC or something else?

Regards, Dusan

Hello Ioana, Hesham,

What is the problem with MPI? You cannot compile program on MIC or something else?

Regards, Dusan

Hello Dusan,

I am unable to compile a parallel program on the cluster, I tried to use mpiicc and mpic++ with no success. I just want to know what compiler to use in order to compile an MPI C++ program.

Thanks,
Hesham

Helo Hesham, 

could you provide me output of the compilation?

Regards, Dusan.

Hi Dusan,

I get the following error: 

mpic++ -o obj/BitmapImporter.o -c src/BitmapImporter.cpp -ansi -std=c++11  -pedantic -Iincludes -O3 -vec-report=2
g++: error: unrecognized option ‘-vec-report=2’
make: *** [obj/BitmapImporter.o] Error 1

And when I remove the '-vec-report' option, I get the following error: 

mpic++ -o obj/BitmapImporter.o -c src/BitmapImporter.cpp -ansi -std=c++11  -pedantic -Iincludes -O3
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-std=c++11’
make: *** [obj/BitmapImporter.o] Error 1

It seems to me like MPI is not installed to use the Intel Compiler, most probably it is using the GCC compiler.

Thanks,
Hesham Hassan

Hello Hesham, 

as far as I know, mpicc uses gcc (mpic++ => g++) to compile code, while mpiicc uses icc (mpiicpc => icpc) to compile code. Also, Since you-have to compile native object file for Xeon Phi, you'll have to enable -mmic flag.

I've paralelized code by pthreads, and because program were working only on one thread, I've contacted Paul to test Phi card. He runned multithreaded mpi "Hello World" program on it, which means that mpi is installed on phi.

I hope this is the only problem, if you have more of them, it would be nice to post makefile.

Best regards, Dusan.

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.