documentation and information about power readings from the Xeon Phi3

documentation and information about power readings from the Xeon Phi3

I want to get power readings from the mic and I found that power is updated here (/sys/class/micras/power ) around every 5 milliseconds. I found some vague description of these numbers on some websites, and I didnt find anything useful. I would like to get more information on the numbers and details on what parts of the MIC are they representing. I found some descriptions such as win0 and win 1, and if these descriptions are correct what's win 0,win 1 etc?

4 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi, 

I am working on finding more documentation for you. Will get back to you with what I find. 

Hi, 

I have found the descriptions for the power readings that are present in /sys/class/micras/power

$ cat /sys/class/micras/power

119000000  #Total power Window 0
118000000  #Total power Window 1
121000000  #Instantaneous power
189000000  #Max Instantaneous power
34000000    #PCI-E connector power
33000000    #2x3 connector power
54000000    #2x4 connector power
38000000 0 869000    #Core rail Power Current Voltage
32000000 0 1000000  # Uncore rail Power Current Voltage
33000000 0 1501000  #Mermory subsystem rail Power Current Voltage

You may want to use the libmicmgmt library interface to get the power readings from the coprocessor. You find more information about the library and the power numbers in /usr/share/doc/micmgmt/

I hope this helps. 

Portrait de Taylor Kidd (Intel)

Another good location for finding out details about power sensors, measurements and management is in the Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor Datasheet, June 2013. See Chapter 6, Manageability.

In the coming months, I'll be writing about measuring power on the coprocessor. I hope to cover a variety of techniques, including micsmc, /sys/class/micras, the libmicmgmt library and explicit power measurements on the board itself.

I also have a series of blogs on power management, but this may not be at the level you need. See below.

Regards
--
Taylor

Intel Corporation (June 2013), Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor Datasheet, June 2013, http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/xeon/xeon-phi-coprocessor-datasheet.html

Kidd, Taylor (October, 2013), List of Useful Power and Power Management Articles, Blogs and References, http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/list-of-useful-power-and-power-management-articles-blogs-and-references

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.