internal_error: 20000_27078 since updating to 2013 sp1

internal_error: 20000_27078 since updating to 2013 sp1

I get this very cryptic and unhelpful error message since updating to 2013 sp1 Update 2 (also happened with SP1 and SP1 Update 1).  In the past I have just reverted back to the 2013 suite to solve this problem, but am now getting concerned that this hasn't been fixed yet!

If I could at least get a line number out of the damned thing then I could experiment with the source file and produce a simple test case.  Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks,

David.

The full error message is as follows (where <filename> is the C file where the problem occurs):

": internal error: 20000_27078

compilation aborted for <filename> (code 4)

The command arguments are as follows:

icc  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/atlas/include -I/usr/local/atlas/include/atlas -pedantic -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -DAKS -Wcast-qual -Wno-parentheses -Wconversion    -O2 -DINTEL64 -DX86_64_OSX -m64 -xHost     -O2  -I../../src/INCLUDE -c <filename> -o <filename>.out

10 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de iliyapolak

Maybe compiler does not have permission to process that file?

Sorry for the trouble. The cryptic error message is a crash in the optimizer, you should be able to compile successfully with optimizer disabled (-O0)

You could attach a preprocessed file and we could do the investigation for you (add -E option and redirect output to a text file, then upload the file), or if you'd rather, try disabling the function bodies (#if 0) to find which function has the problem -- using binary search of course. 

Thanks Melanie. Yes, David, if you can attach the .i file like Melanie noted, I can file the issue with our developers, appreciate much.

_Regards.

I've also run into this problem, so I will not create a separate bug report. I have observed this problem with the following version of icpc:

% icpc -V
Intel(R) C++ Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 14.0.2.144 Build 20140120
Copyright (C) 1985-2014 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

I've attached a specific CPP file that produces this internal error. This source file is taken from the NOMAD package found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/nomad-bb-opt/ .

The following command produces the error on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago) system:

% icpc -O2 -ansi -traceback -I. -c Quad_Model.cpp -o Quad_Model.o
": internal error: 20000_27078

compilation aborted for Quad_Model.cpp (code 4)

If the -O2 option is either removed or replaced with -O3, the error persists.

The following three commands succeed:

% icpc -g -ansi -traceback -I. -c Quad_Model.cpp -o Quad_Model.o

% icpc -O0 -ansi -traceback -I. -c Quad_Model.cpp -o Quad_Model.o

% icpc -O1 -ansi -traceback -I. -c Quad_Model.cpp -o Quad_Model.o

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Fichiers joints: 

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger Quad_Model.cpp49.91 Ko

Will you please attach a preprocessed source file (icpc -c -E ... > file.txt -- attach file.txt)

Also, which version of gcc and icc are you using?

Thank you!

I have observed this problem with the following versions of icpc and gcc:

% icpc -V
Intel(R) C++ Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 14.0.2.144 Build 20140120
Copyright (C) 1985-2014 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.7.0
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

The attached file was processed with the following command:

% icpc -E -ansi -traceback -I. -c Quad_Model.cpp > Quad_Model.i

Fichiers joints: 

Fichier attachéTaille
Télécharger Quad_Model.i1.07 Mo

Thanks, I can reproduce your failure and opened DPD200357624 in our bugs database

Yes, I could reproduce also. Thanks Melanie I've tagged the issue id to this issue, appreciate much
_Kittur

Hi,

This issue is fixed in the latest 15.0 version that's out which you can download from the Intel Registration Center, thanks.

_Kittur

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.