Run Intel MPI without mpirun/mpiexec

Run Intel MPI without mpirun/mpiexec

Hi,

I am wondering does Intel MPI support a MPI run without mpirun/mpiexec in the command line?

I know that in MPI-2 standard, it supports the “dynamic process” feature, i.e., dynamically generate/spawn processes from existing MPI process.

What I am trying to do here is 1) Firstly, launch a singleton MPI process without mpirun/mpiexec in the command line; 2) Secondly, use MPI_Comm_spawn to spawn a set of process on the different host machines.

I tried to do that, but it seems that the Intel MPI cannot find the host file. Because I did not use mpirun in the command line, I used environment variable I_MPI_HYDRA_HOST_FILE to set the host file. But, still it seems it cannot find the host file.

Any idea?

Here is my package info:

Package ID: l_mpi_p_4.1.3.049
Package Contents: Intel(R) MPI Library for Linux* OS

Thanks,

Jackey

2 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

This is only partially supported in Linux*.  You can run an MPI application, but spawning additional ranks will fail.  Why are you unable to use mpirun to launch?

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui