IPP multithreaded libraries not installed?

IPP multithreaded libraries not installed?

Hello

I'm getting this error when I compile my program with Intel's compiler v14:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\Intel C++ Compiler XE 14.0\ImportBefore\Intel.Libs.IPP.Intel C++ Compiler XE 14.0.targets(91,5): error : IPP multi-threaded libraries are not installed.

I have Parallel Studio XE 2013 for windows, I thought it came included with IPP, did I miss something?

Thanks

4 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi Dominique,

You need to reinstall PS2013 in "modify" mode and use "customizing" (or "customize") button on one of installation dialogs. There you need to specify that the installation of IPP multi-threaded libraries is required. By default they are OFF.

Regards, Sergey

Thank you they have been installed now. But why does it say (Deprecated)? Has support for them been dropped or is there a problem with using them?

Hi Dominique,

Multi-threaded libraries are deprecated because internal (inside a primitive) threading is significantly less effective than external (at the application level) threading. Moreover - IPP internally is threaded with OMP, Linux p-threads or Win API or any other threading engine know nothing about OMP and if application is threaded with any other threading tool - you can face with different issues like thread oversubscription, conflicts, etc. With new IPP versions we provide a lot of new APIs for 1D (ipps) and 2D (ippi) functions that support external threading. Several IPP functions combined into 1 pipeline that is threaded externally are significantly more efficient from the performance and power points of view than sequential call of internally-threaded variants of these functions.

regards, Igor

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.