Mobilize Your Games
Build your games with mobility in mind. Add key features to your application to create a better user experience on the growing platforms of choice for gamers-the laptop and netbook.
The Intel® Laptop & Netbook Gaming Technology Development Kit (TDK) provides an easy interface to help extend your games by adding mobile-aware features to make for a better mobile gaming experience.
Intel gives you, the game developer, C++ code that you can incorporate directly into your game, royalty free, to take advantage of mobile technology platforms.
Intel provides support through the online mobile software forums staffed by Intel software engineers to provide information on using the TDK for fantastic mobile game play.
Learn more about the Intel Laptop & Netbook Gaming TDK.
Laptop and Netbook Gaming TDK Release 2.1
In the new version (V2.1) of the Intel® Laptop & Netbook Gaming TDK, all features - including ad-hoc peer-to-peer capabilities - are fully supported in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows XP*, Windows Vista*, Windows 7*, and Windows* 8. You can also learn about the new ad-hoc peer-to-peer capabilities from this paper.
Quickly deliver compelling new mobility features that demonstrate platform consciousness of the game.
- Deliver code that responds to platform state changes such as power source changes, battery power levels, and Wi-Fi signal strength variations.
- Improve game play by monitoring platform characteristics and taking appropriate action in response to changes due to mobile usage.
- Provide for better processor utilization in multi-core platforms using threaded API calls.
- Provide the capability to manage peer-to-peer ad-hoc networking and monitor peers.
- (New in v2.1) Fully supported in Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, and Windows 8 64-bit.
What's in the Intel Laptop and Netbook Gaming TDK:
- Queries for the mobile platform on power status, including power source and battery power statistics.
- Wi-Fi support to provide connectivity status and wireless signal strength.
- Wi-Fi ad-hoc support to provide peer-to-peer networking.
- The ability to get real-time processor utilization information.
- Non-threaded APIs for functionality, threaded APIs for best performance.
- Support for Windows XP* 32-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, and Windows 8 64-bit operating systems.
- Samples showing control of game elements and suggestions for usage.
- User guide, release notes, and system configuration requirements.
- Known issues, bug fixes and workarounds.
- Installation instructions.
- End user licenses.
- Laptop & Netbook Gaming TDK User Guide.
Build games that are sensitive to the challenges associated with gaming on laptops. The Intel Laptop & Netbook Gaming TDK provides for easier integration of the following platform-specific features:
- Provides a top-level API to get information about battery power states, network connectivity, and processor information including number of cores.
- Offers a threaded event management system to monitor system changes with minimal overhead to client game applications.
- Allows creation of user-defined callbacks in an object-oriented way to handle specific platform events.
- Provides a top-level API to create an ad-hoc peer-to-peer network and monitor peers in that network.
Download the free Intel Laptop and Netbook Gaming TDK today to maximize the mobility of your PC game and deliver a new level of game play to your customers.
Downloads & Documentation
- Download and install Intel® Laptop Gaming Technology Development Kit 2.1 (.zip 4.0MB)
- Laptop Gaming TDK 2.1 Release Notes
- Paper "Gaming Over Ad-Hoc Peer-to-Peer Networks"
- Tell Us What You Think