Still using an old version of Intel® Fortran Compiler or Intel® MKL?
You're probably leaving performance on the table.
You have an opportunity to increase your application's performance by taking advantage of the dramatic evolution of processors with increasing core counts and wider vector widths. Older versions of Intel® Fortran and Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) pre-date most of this. Only the new versions of Intel's compilers and libraries provide built-in support for these performance innovations.
Windows* Fortran customers, take advantage of a limited-time promotion to buy or upgrade Intel Visual Fortran at a deep discount. Simply contact your reseller, buy Visual Fortran or upgrade to Intel® Composer XE, Intel® Fortran Studio XE or Intel® Parallel Studio XE. You will get access to the latest industry leading tools, premier support and updates to future releases with the included 1-year subscription. This offer expires June 30, 2014.
By comparing the Polyhedron* benchmark of Intel® Visual Fortran 14.0 and Intel® Visual Fortran 12.0 on the same hardware, you can see the dramatic performance gain by just recompiling the code.
And the Intel Fortran compiler provides performance leadership when compared with alternative compilers.
For math problems, achieve up to 4x higher performance on newest Intel® Core™ processors (codenamed Haswell) shown through the LINPACK Benchmark.
Both the latest compiler and Intel MKL are available in a variety of packages, including the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Family of products and Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE. Intel tools help preserve your investment in existing development environments and code bases while helping boost application performance on today's and tomorrow's hardware. On Windows*, they are compatible with Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008-2013 and Microsoft Windows* XP- 8.1.
The latest compiler also contains features such as the following. Additional details can be found in the reference guide.
- Vectorization for more performance
- Access to Intel® AVX and Intel® AVX2 instructions (-xa or /Qxa)
- Loop optimization directives: VECTOR, PARALLEL, SIMD
- More control over array data alignment (align arrayNbytes)
- Auto-parallelizer & directives to access SIMD instructions
- Coarrays & synchronization constructs support parallel programming
- New C++ and Fortran directives enable vectorization and offloading of execution on devices such as coprocessors or accelerators.
- Additional support for Fortran90, F2003 and Fortran 2008, including co-arrays.
- Intel® tools support Intel® Xeon Phi™ product family on Windows-hosted machines
- New Conditional Numerical Reproducibility feature ensures identical run to run floating point results across different processors
- New Data Fitting functions covering one-dimensional algorithms for vector spline construction, cell or bin search, and evaluation, differentiation, and integration of the spline interpolants. These functions are ideal for high performance data fitting applications.
- New BLAS & PARDISO linear algebra, FFT, vector math, and vector statistics functionality to solve a wide range of mathematical problems with high performance on Intel® and compatible processors.
All Intel development tools can be evaluated for free for 30 days.
Intel MKL Benchmark Configuration Info - Versions: Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) 10.1, 10.3, 11.0, and 11.1.1. Intel® Fortran Compiler 11.0, 12.0, 13.0, and 14.0; Hardware: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-4670T, 1 Quad-Core CPU (6 MB LLC, 2.3 Ghz), 8 GB of RAM; Operating System: RHEL 6 GA x86_64 ; Benchmark: Intel® optimized SMP LINPACK.
Comparison between Intel compiler configuration info: Software: Intel® Fortran Compiler 12.0 and 14.0; Hardware: Core i7-4770K, 4 cores/8 threads, TurboBoost on auto, Hyper Threading is on, 16GB RAM (2 channels). Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1.
Comparison between Intel and alternative Fortran compiler benchmark configuration Info - Compiler Versions: Intel® Fortran 14.0, PGI 13.6;, Absoft 13.0.3, Hardware: Blue Hills ATX Media IVB Desktop DZ77BH-55K-IDD; Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, TurboBoost is on, HyperThreading is off, 16GB RAM; Windows Operating System Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1; Polyhedron benchmark (www.polyhedron.com) performed by Intel Corp on August 20, 2013.
Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products.
* Other brands and names are the property of their respective owners. Benchmark Source: Intel Corporation.