Before investing valuable time and money selling to different geographic markets, you need to have a strong understanding of the various software modifications that are needed to globalize your product.
With the international market presenting significant growth opportunities, small to mid-sized software companies thinking about selling in other countries need to understand the technical issues that have to be resolved before offering their products and services to international customers, including:
1. Cultural barriers: Understanding the cultural differences between your business and foreign markets impacts every technical and business decision you will make. From software compatibility to the words you use to market your product, your success in selling to international markets comes down to how much you know about your chosen market’s native language, communication styles, cultural biases, etc.
2. Software optimization: Optimizing your software to effectively connect, communicate and collaborate with international markets requires a framework for software applications that provides interfaces for different languages and can meet technical requirements around a country’s standard programming languages, payment mechanisms, screen design, and other technical competencies.
3. Localization: Revising your product for a particular country requires localizing certain aspects of your software to meet local business standards and best practices. Adapting your software applications to ensure your user interface meets a specific country’s native language, local date, time, calendar, currency, numbers and units of measure are just a few of the things you will need modify to be in synch with international markets.
4. Business functions: Establishing business relationships and hiring trusted and competent local sales representatives, resellers and distributors who know the market is essential to building efficient and reliable business practices and processes around selling and distributing your products from suppliers to customers in new markets.
5. International implementation: The ability to plan and implement software changes needed to effectively serve international customers will ultimately determine your geo-expansion success. Partnering with a company that has the experience and technical know-how in developing, testing and launching software products in international markets can play a critical role for any company looking to expand business beyond their domestic boarders.
Before offering its office productivity tool to new markets, Intel® Software Partner Program start-up InstaColl partnered with a company that offered the technology leadership and global influence to meet the software requirements and consumer demands in India and abroad. The collaboration gave InstaColl access to the tools and resources needed to optimize its software and move forward with its national and international go-to-market strategies.
To plan, implement and execute a geo-expansion program from start to finish, partnering with a company that has the experience and expertise can help ease the process of identifying and overcoming the technical challenges ahead. For smaller software companies looking to capitalize on new market opportunities, such a partnership can provide the guidance, management and support needed to meet international requirements and local standards to ensure your product is ready to sell to different geographic markets.
5 Things to Consider When Optimizing Your Software for Geographic Diversity
Per informazioni più dettagliate sulle ottimizzazioni basate su compilatore, vedere il nostro Avviso sull'ottimizzazione.