stack size

stack size

Hi!

I'm running a radiative transfer code using the intel f90 compiler since a while already on a linux2.4 with glibc 2.2.4 and so far I can't complain. However, after (significantly) changing some array dimensions now I get segmentation faults without further error message. I have experienced this earlier and solved the problem by explicitly allocating local arrays. I assume this problem is due to a too small stack. (Setting the KPM_STACK_SIZE variable, ulimit etc. didn't solve the problem, though...). This time, changing the code is more painful, so I would like to avoid it. Is there any solution to these kind of problems?

Cheers!
D.

2 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

I assume your code uses OpenMP, since you mention KMP_STACKSIZE. You need to make sure that you are using a pthreads library that was built with FLOATING_STACKS. Please read carefully the Release Notes, and see also the discussion in an earlier post (ifc with -static and -openmp). If you use Red Hat 7.2, for example, you need to build with the shared version of the pthreads library, then something like ulimit -s 200000000 should work (but not ulimit -s unlimited).
If the problem persists, please submit an issue to https://premier.intel.com, and give as much detail as you can, preferably a test case.
Let us know if getting the right pthreads library and adjusting the stacksize works.

Cheers,
Martyn

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi