Internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/host_envir.c", line 6855

Internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/host_envir.c", line 6855

I am trying to build the mkl example c++ code using both VS2010 or command line. But got the same error:> Internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/host_envir.c", line 6855> C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\Win32\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1\\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1.targets(213,5): error MSB6006: "icl.exe" exited with code 4.I am using Intel C++ compiler XE 12.1 update 1, running on intel i5, x64 Win7.Any helps are appreciated!

12 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hello,

that's an internal compiler error in the front-end. Would you be able to provide me the preprocessed output for the source file which causes the error? I'll shrink it down and assign it as a defect to engineering.
An error like that does not appear in our database yet. So, updating to the latest compiler version might not be a solution for you... but wouldn't hurt either.

Thank you & best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Below are the log after adding /P /C options. Hope it helps.Build started 9/8/2012 10:27:08. 1>Project "c:\Users\lenovo's use\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\TestConsole\TestConsle\TestConsle.vcxproj" on node 2 (rebuild target(s)). 1>InitializeBuildStatus: Touching "Debug\TestConsle.unsuccessfulbuild". MessageBuildingWithCompiler: Building with Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1 ClCompile: ***** ClCompile (Win32 - Intel C++) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\bin\ia32\icl.exe /c /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,"$(VCInstallDir)\bin" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\mkl\include" /ZI /nologo /W3 /Od /Qftz- /D WIN32 /D _DEBUG /D _CONSOLE /D _UNICODE /D UNICODE /P /C /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"Debug\" /Fd"Debug\vc100.pdb" /Gd /TC "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\mkl\examples\cblas\source\cblas_caxpyix.c" "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\mkl\examples\cblas\source\common_func.c" cblas_caxpyix.c Internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/host_envir.c", line 6855 common_func.c Internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/host_envir.c", line 6855 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets\Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1.targets(213,5): error MSB6006: "icl.exe" exited with code 4. 1>Done Building Project "c:\Users\lenovo's use\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\TestConsole\TestConsle\TestConsle.vcxproj" (rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.Build FAILED.Time Elapsed 00:00:00.16

Is this Windows 7?
On Windows 7 normal permision can not create new files under folder.

So try this: extract the sample to a different folder like "c:\mytest\mkl_sample", and build from that directory. Let us know if it works.

But in any case the compiler should not give "internal error".

Jennifer

I copied my project to another folder who has full permission. But still cannot generate the preprocessed .i files. In the meantime, for comparison, I created a HelloWorld cpp project under the same solution folder. It can successfully generate the preprocessed .i files. Therefore I think the internal error occurs before the .i files got generated.Is this assertion failure caused by any environment setting (environment variable, library dependency locale, etc)?Thanks,Kun

Hello Kun,

just talked to our FE engineers. It is indeed possible that the preprocessor already fails.
Could you compile & execute the following example with Microsoft Visual Studio* compiler and let us know about the results?

/* setlocale example */

#include

#include

#include 
int main ()

{

time_t rawtime;

struct tm * timeinfo;

char buffer [80];
  struct lconv * lc;
  time ( &rawtime );

timeinfo = localtime ( &rawtime );
  int twice=0;
  do {

printf ("Locale is: %sn", setlocale(LC_ALL,NULL) );
    strftime (buffer,80,"%c",timeinfo);

printf ("Date is: %sn",buffer);
    lc = localeconv ();

printf ("Currency symbol is: %sn-n",lc->currency_symbol);
    setlocale (LC_ALL,"");

} while (!twice++);
  return 0;

}
[Example taken from here]

We suspect issues regarding your locals configuration.

Thank you & best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Please find the output from VS compiler below:Locale is: C
Date is: 08/14/12 10:13:43Currency symbol is:-Locale is: Chinese (Traditional)_Hong Kong S.A.R..950Date is: 14/8/2012 10:13:43Currency symbol is: HK$-Thanks,Kun

Hello Kun,

we've been able to reproduce the problem. Engineering is currently looking into it. I'll keep you updated.

As a temporary workaround I'd propose the following:
In the language settings dialog (below), change "Language for non-Unicode programs" from "Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong S.A.R.)" to "English (United States)". After a restart the compiler should work without assertion failure.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Hello Georg,I can successfully compile the mkl example library after changing my locale to English (US). Thanks for your helps!Hope later updates of XE composer can support Asian locale :-)Best,Kun

Hello Kun,

yes, we're working on that (DPD200235478). I'll update this thread if I learn more.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in the next update.

This is a description of the problem/fix:

Microsoft compatibility: abort when using Hong Kong Unicode locale

Windows versions with NATIVE_MULTIBYTE_CHARS_SUPPORTED_WITH_UNICODE set to
TRUE would abort (in host_envir_early_init) if the system language for
Unicode conversion was set to "Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong S.A.R.)".
This resulted from a defect in the Windows runtime where the value
returned by the GetLocaleInfo function was not valid as an input to the
_create_locale function. We have now modified the code that constructs the
system default locale to avoid this issue.

Hello,

just to be precise: This issue is fixed with Intel(R) Composer XE 2013 Update 1 and higher. Intel(R) Composer XE 2011 releases won't have this fix as there are no further updates.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi