statistics

statistics

Ritratto di qwertzui11

Hi all

May u tell us how many entries u got? :-)

Markus

7 post / 0 new
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Mitchell Lum (Intel)

Markus,

I'll be processing through that data later this morning!

~Mitch

Ritratto di qwertzui11

any news? :-D

Markus

It's taking a while, but we've got over 180 entries. So far I've gone through about 120 of them and >100 have attached or provided a reasonable way for me to get to their game demo. A small percentage look like entries where people thought it was just submit a game idea or that they had submitted an idea months ago and never took the entry to completion with actual game demo. I'll have finaly numbers soon, but it's a very manual process (no server side script to help me with all of this!).

Cheers!
Mitch

Ritratto di qwertzui11

wow seems to be a huge success this year, congrats!

Markus

Ritratto di vladr

Thatsounds likea painful process.

Would it be possible to extract the number of entries per each category ? That sounds like a simple query / script, since the category choice was a simple radio button.

Thanks !
-VladR

Best Reply

Hey all!

The server script that dumped entry data ended up being incomplete - so I've now gotten a complete dump from the webdev team. Of the >180 entries recieved there were 145 game demos. I will openly admit there was a problem with the contest platform but I personally emailed each contestant who had a demo description but didn't have a demo attached. As of midnight tonight I will have given everyone 24 hours to get back to me and will no longer be accepting files from folks whose entry appeared to have a problem.

Some folks emailed me that the "Judges Choice" category selector in the contest platform had problems, so we will ask the judgesto consider all entries they screen for all of the potential judges choice categories (it's their choice after all!).

The categories have demos that break out like this:

Adventure - 32
Casual - 25
Educational - 5
Puzzle - 30
Shooter - 28
Simulation - 10
Strategy - 15

Total - 145

Of the 145 demos, 47 are student entries!

Entries came from all over the world including:

Argentina
Austria
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Brazil
Canada
China
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
Georgia
Germany
Greece
India
Jamaica
Japan
Kazakhstan
Malta
Mexico
New Zealand
Poland
Qatar
Romania
Russian Federation
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Taiwan
The Netherlands
Trinidad and Tobago
Ukraine
United Kingdom
United States
Vietnam

Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest. It has far exceeded our expectations for number of participants. This afternoon I was talking to some of the guys who helped put together the first Intel Level Up contest and one of our them said"we had like 8 submissions". Your participation makes this contest worthwhile!

Cheers!
Mitch

Accedere per lasciare un commento.