Havok Animation: Where to start

Havok Animation: Where to start

Ritratto di ripetomatoe

I'm trying to dig through the sample code, but I can't seem to find out where to start. I'm trying to implement this into my own engine (it's for school) and I'd really like a kick in the right direction. Just so I'm clear, I'm not using the demo framework, so this is all starting from ground zero (kinda) Thanks in advance for your help, -Daniel

4 post / 0 new
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Guillaume L.B.

Hello,

it's hard to tell exactly what you have to do, since we do not really know what your goal is :)

Even if you don't use the Havok demo framework, I think a good start is to play around with the Animation demo,
using the Havok Animation user guide to understand the demo.

Then you can try to implement the demo in your own engine (for instance, copy & paste the code, understand each line, then modify it).

I have never found a real good tutorial on internet but if anybody know one it could be nice to share it :)

Kissy

Ritratto di ripetomatoe

Thanks for the reply, yea I have been fooling around with the demo, but I'm just not sure on the whole redering aspect of it, I guess I'll just have to dig deep into the graphics library and figure out how it's done, but if anyone has actually used it or implemented it, I'd love to hear how it's done! -Daniel

Ritratto di havokTyler

Hi Daniel,

If you're looking to start integrating Havok you should check out the sample code in the demos. In particular I'd recommend looking at the ConsoleExample projects since they showcase all the required basics for getting things up and running.

Keep in mind our graphics library is really only for demo and debugging purposes so I don't know that it's going to be terribly helpful.

Good luck!
-Tyler

Accedere per lasciare un commento.