Accessing scanned barcode data as byte array

Accessing scanned barcode data as byte array

Hi
We are developing an app in C# (.NET 3.5/4).
We are scanning PDF417's that are encoded, which we need to decode with a 3rd party library. Is there a way to access the scanned barcode as a byte array (byte[]), as the Barcode.Value is of type string?

3 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hi marcelloza,

The MCA software currently supports ISO 15693 tags. I don't beleive the PDF417 is an ISO 15693 tag. Let me check with our developers to see if this should even work.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi marcelloza

I confirmed with our developers that we can support PDF417 barcodes, and you can access the barcode after reading through the Barcodes property of the BarcodeReader object. As you pointed out, the barcode is a String object. It sounds like you want to make a call to a C/C++ method because there is no real reason to use a byte array otherwise. I would recommend you take a look at the webpage http://pinvoke.net/. This website has examples of how to make calls to unmanaged code such as C/C++ from .Net apps. This really isnt an MCA question per se, so should be able to find your answer there.

Thanks,
Steve

Accedere per lasciare un commento.