Function symbols in the histogram

Function symbols in the histogram

I noticed that when I do a histogram on a Java application, the execution in the Java application threads can be a mixture of JITted code and the underlying JVM code. For the JITted code, the histogram tool doesn't know how to map an address to a symbolic function name. However, the JVM itself can output the limits for the JITted methods in a number of ways. Would it be possible to have a "symbol lookup plugin" that the histogram tool would call to get a map an address to a function name when it's unable to get the name from a static image?

I noticed that for hot basic blocks it is possible to postprocess and add the symbol names, but this doesn't help the per-function statistics.

4 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Seems like any such support would be very specific to your application.If you are not using new instructions, you could write your own version of the mix tool from a publicly released pin kit. An older simpler version of a mix-like program is provided there.

Right, that's why I suggested a plug-in which would allow the symbol lookup to be different for different application environments.

But I will try to take a look at the public release.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi