Problem installing Visual Fortran Composer 2011

Problem installing Visual Fortran Composer 2011

Hello,
I can't install w_fcompxe_ia32_2011.3.175.exe on my PC (Visual Studio 2008) I always get an error on file w_cprof_ide_p_12.0.175.msi, that there's a problem with the installer. Then rollback comes. I included the logfile. Can anybody help.

AllegatoDimensione
Download ComposerXE2011.Log0 byte
51 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Please run Visual Studio, select Help > About, then click the "Copy Info" button. Then reply here and paste the results into your reply. From a look at the log it seems that the installer did not find what it was looking for in your VS2008 install, but I may be misreading it.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Hello Stve,
here's the result

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1

I found something in google and removed all hotixes and installed sp1. Same problem.

Hers the information uaf VS2008

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

Version 9.0.30729.1 SP

Microsoft .NET Framework

Version 3.5 SP1

Installed Edition: Enterprise

Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual Basic 2008

Microsoft Visual C# 2008 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual C# 2008

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Tools for Office 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Tools for Office

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Architecture Edition 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Architecture Edition

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition

Portions of International CorrectSpell spelling correction system 1993 by Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V. All rights reserved.

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Copyright 1992 Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V. All rights reserved.

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Test Edition 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Test Edition

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 91899-270-7120524-60843

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008

Crystal Reports AAJ60-G0MSA4K-68000CF

Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB944899) KB944899

This hotfix is for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU.

If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be uninstalled automatically.

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944899.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB945282) KB945282

If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be uninstalled automatically.

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945282.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB946040) KB946040

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946040.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB946308) KB946308

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946308.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB946344) KB946344

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946344.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB946581) KB946581

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946581.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB946673) KB946673

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946673.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB947171) KB947171

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947171.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB947173) KB947173

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947173.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB947180) KB947180

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947180.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB947540) KB947540

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947540.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB947789) KB947789

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947789.

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU (KB948127) KB948127

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948127.

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU Service Pack 1 (KB945140) KB945140

This service pack is for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU.

If you later install a more recent service pack, this service pack will be uninstalled automatically.

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945140.

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU Service Pack 1 (KB947888) KB947888

This service pack is for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - ENU.

If you later install a more recent service pack, this service pack will be uninstalled automatically.

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947888.

Hello Steve,
here's an additional information

I tried to install on a new installed xp-PC with no visual studio. When I installed w_fcompxe_ia32_2011.3.175.exe (no VS 2008 shell) I could install. I only had command-line tools.
Then I removed it again and installed w_fcompxe_2011.3.175.exe with the vS2008-shell to be installed and then it crashed again at the same msi.
I need the program on my PC with VS2008. Please help.

That's very interesting additional information. Would you please attach a screenshot of the first error message that comes up? I will ask the install developers to look into this and see what they suggest.

Thanks very much. The error message translates as:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. That can occur when you run Windows in Safe mode or Windows Installer is not installed correctly. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

I have given this information to our install engineers.
If you go to Add or Remove Programs, select Visual Fortran and then do a Modify (or Change), and then select the Visual Studio Integration to be added, do you get the same error?

Hi Steve,

hope that your install engineers will find out soemthing soon, because I need the software.

I couldnt do more tests on the new machine at the moment,because I had to restore it complete. Perhaps I'll have the machine again on monday and can try it. PS. I triedwhat ypu asked on my machine, but it's not possible, to install without integeration in the version w_fcompxe_2011.3.175.exe. And when the error occusr, a rollback comes and deletes everything.

You can select a Custom install and set the integration to "will not be installed". Please do that so that you at least have the command line. When the installer first runs, uncheck the box that says it will delete the temporary unpacked files, so that they are left on the system.

Once that installs, try this - go to C:\Program Files\Intel\Download\w_fcompxe_novsshell_2011.3.175\installs\1033\w_cprof_ide_p_12.0.175 and double-click on w_cprof_ide_p_12.0.175.msi - does it install?

I find it very strange that you get a Windows Installer error on this one package only.

I tried this on my machine (whre VS2008 is installed) When I uncheck the Integration, the installer wants to install the VS2008 shell. If I uncheck this, I can't continue. Installation of only command line seems only be possible on machines without studio.

I find it strange too, perhaps theres a bug in the msi?

Ok - I think that's a clue, and it supports what I got from the log. The IDE install somehow doesn't think your VS2008 is really there, or there's something about the VS08 install it doesn't like. But you got the same result on the clean system with the shell install. Was that clean system also with a German version of XP?

Hello Steve,

yes it was a XP-SP3 in German.

Hello Steve,
I tried it last weekend on a W7, 32 bit, german with no VS2008 installed. It installed without problems with the 2008 shell. So it seems to be a problem with german xp. Today I tried it again on my xp-PC with VS2008 installed. I installed wirhtout integration, parallel debug and doucmentation, this worked.

Then I useed conrotl panel. software and modified intel-composer to install vs2008 inegration only. Same error.

Any news from your installer engeneers. I need a solutin for my system very urgent.

Sorry, I have not heard from them yet. As soon as I do I will let you know.

Next information,
I resetted a XP machine completetly and installed VS2010 Ultimate. Then composer 2011, same result. I need a solution for this problem.

Our developers are investigating this. As soon as I hear from them I will let you know. I know we have had many users of German XP systems before so I am not sure why it should be an issue for you.

The developer looking into this was unable to reproduce the problem, but she suggested, based on an analysis of the log, that you install the Microsoft Hotfix at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972397 and repeat the installation. Please try this and let me know what happens.

Thanks for the information. It seems to be a bug in Windows Installer in XP, but am not sure why you are hitting it. I will pass this information to the developer.

I tried a lot of installations now, it's always the same error at the same msi. If you have any beta installs or something with more tracelog, bypass solutions or something else I can try it.

We need a solution for the installation problem.I have to do developer work for my company with this tool and cannot do it, because I can't install.

I have given your new logs to our developer and am waiting for a response.

Do you have to use XP for development?

Yes, all our PC's in the company are on XP, W7 is planed for next year.

Until I hear back from the install developer, all I can suggest is trying an install of Windows Installer 4.5.

I did this twice no success. It's always the same msi which crashes.

The developers tell me that, while they cannot reproduce this on their copy of Windows XP German, they have seen this error before and that it is caused by a bug in Windows Installer 4.5. They tell me that if you remove Windows Installer 4.5 and install Windows Installer 3.1, that the problem is not there. So try that.

It's not possible to install 3.1 with service pack 3. There's no option to uninstall installer 4.5. If you ask google, you can see this. So please ask your developers what's to do. Perhaps there's a bypass solution (install wothout vs208 integration, call msi's by hand, extract the msi's and call them by hand...) I spent more than a week with this problem. I sent a big logfilee with the error. Your developers can see, where the error occurs. If there are problems, your developers can contact me directly by email. My company spent a lot of money for the intel composer, so please help us to make it run.

I'm sorry to hear that you could not use the suggestion. I have asked the developers for more assistance.

You can select a "Custom" install and set the VS integration to "will not be installed". If you wanted to try the MSI aftert that, you would find it in C:\Program Files \Intel\Download\w_fcompxe_novsshell_2011.3.175\installs\1033\w_cprof_ide_p_12.0.175 (you would have to uncheck the box when the EXE installer starts for deleting the temporary files after install.)

Hello Steve,
I installed it without VS2008. I had to uncheck documentation and parallel debugging to be able to install. I can't run the msi, there comes a popup that says to run setup.exe. Then I unpacked the msi with msiexex and got a structure with directories for each VS (2005, 2008 and 20010). I need information how I to copy the content of the VS2008 directory to the destination folder and which registratiosn I have to do. Please ask your system engeneers.

I am glad to hear that the modified installers I provided allowed you to successfully install the compiler.

Update 4 is due this week, but the patched installers are not there.
The patch was just to work around the Windows Installer bug and the
disabled code is needed otherwise. However, once you have successfully
installed the product, you should not see that error again. If you do,
please let me know.

I have already requested patched MSIs for you.

So I wait for them Thanks.

I am glad to hear that it works.

Hello Steve,
what's about Version 5. Can I install this without problems or do I need some file sfrom you again?

New information

I tried it today, I have the same problems as in version 3 and 4. Could you please ask for the modified files so that I can install. Thanks.

Hello Steve,

works fine, thanks. By the way, why can't you include this msi's in the normal setup?

Because then it would not work properly when someone installs an update over a prior version. You are encountering a Windows Installer bug that is peculiar to XP but seems to affect very few people.

Hello Steve,
is it possible to get the updates for version 6 too, Thanks

It's not possible to move my PC to W7, because my PC is only one of about 100000 in our compny and migration will start in 2012. So it would be very good for me, to have this special installation files.

@Steve
Thanks!

@Steve
thanks once more!

Hello Steve,
could you do it once mor forupdate 8. Thanks

Checking with Steve on that. He should post on it next week.

------

Wendy

Attaching or including files in a post

Sorry for the delay, I was in holidays. I installed version 8 today and it works, thanks.

Hello Steve,

works fine, thanks.

Hello Steve,
can I have the files for version 10. Thanks.

Thanks a lot!

Hello Steve,
can you give me the files for version 11. I think it is the last lime, we're changing to W7 in the next month. Thanks.

@Steve, Thanks!

Here are the patched MSI files for updates 6-11.

Allegati: 

Hello Steve,
thanks. I do not need them any more, because our company has changed to Win7. Thanks for all the zip-fiels you created fpr me in the past.

Others may want them, though. I had just discovered that the files I posed to the older forum did not get migrated to the new one, so I reposted them.

Hello, I have just found the forum and I am also having the same problem do you have the updated msi file for update 13 please

Sorry, further modified MSIs are not available. I suggest you use Update 11 until you can update your Windows version.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi