30 performance

30 performance

I'm trying to compare the performance of a clustering code that I wrote in tbb with a widely used openmpversion. Currently the openmp version appears faster, and I'm trying to figure out whyAs part of this investigation I switched from 2.2 to 3.0 (on the theory that newer is always better)Oddly the 3.0 version seems to be slower.I running vista 32 bit (for reasons that I care not to explain)on 2.2 the 8 core machine shows 100% cpu busy while 3.0 seems to drop down to around 50%I tried playing around with grain sizes and such which did move the cpu utilization up to around 80% but still less then 2.2Does all this mean, I should go back to 2.2, because everyone knows 3.0 is not yet tuned for performance or(and more likely?) did I mess up the install?Has anyone else seen this performance drop? I'm using prebuilt binaries so at least I didn't build it wrong.Thanks in advance for any help

2 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hi, could you provide details on how TBB is used in the application: what types of parallel algorithms are used and if they're nested, how much work does each function object perform and if there's any I/O, synchronization, etc.? In case we're talking about a simple parallel_for, could you provide a reproducer for this 50% CPU utilization case? Thanks.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi