Compaq Array Visualizer Not Functioning

Compaq Array Visualizer Not Functioning

I am currently (still) a user of CFV Pro, with Compaq array viewer, and Developer Studion 98. I use the array viewer as a debugging tool only. Yesterday my array viewer stopped working. It comes up with a window titled Server Busy - "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem." The switch button allows you to start another program, and retry just comes back with the same error. The cancel button is not available. In order continue using the debugger I need to kill the aviewer process. Does Any one know how to fix this? Alternatively is there a way to link to the current Intel Array Visualizer, instead of the old Compaq one, and will it work?

Due to this issue I have looked at upgrading to the Developer Studio 2008/Intel Visual Fortran/ Intel Array viewer, and downloaded eval versions. Is there a way to link the Intel Array viewer to the IDE. It will show up in the Debug menu as "View Array", but I can't find a way to put a link in a toolbar.

7 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Quoting - Scott Graham
I am currently (still) a user of CFV Pro, with Compaq array viewer, and Developer Studion 98. I use the array viewer as a debugging tool only. Yesterday my array viewer stopped working. It comes up with a window titled Server Busy - "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem." The switch button allows you to start another program, and retry just comes back with the same error. The cancel button is not available. In order continue using the debugger I need to kill the aviewer process. Does Any one know how to fix this? Alternatively is there a way to link to the current Intel Array Visualizer, instead of the old Compaq one, and will it work?

Due to this issue I have looked at upgrading to the Developer Studio 2008/Intel Visual Fortran/ Intel Array viewer, and downloaded eval versions. Is there a way to link the Intel Array viewer to the IDE. It will show up in the Debug menu as "View Array", but I can't find a way to put a link in a toolbar.

For those with any interest, I had tried reinstalling both CVF & CAV without success. I wound up installing XP Service pack 3, and the problem with the Compaq Array Visualizer went away. I found the highlight & right click approach to gaining access to the IAV, so a link on the toolbar is no big deal, however if anyone knows how to accomplish this please reply. Thanks

I am having the same problem, again reinstalling both has no effect. I already have service pack 3 installed though.

Any suggestions?

Edit 06/01/10: Un-installing and reinstalling SP3 fixed the problem.

Turns out this doesn't fix the problem in the long run. It has come back again and again.

Has any one got any more ideas? It's becoming a bit of a pain having to flatten and re-install just to avoid this 'small' problem.

Many thanks

I curious at what point Compaq Array Visualizer started showing these problems. I don't remember this happening back in the days of Windows XP and SP1. Did SP2 introduced something that caused problems? John

I'm quite new to CVF and so have only ever used it with SP3. It seems to work fine for months, (daily use) then for no particular reason this fault occurs. There have been no chages to the XP patches between it working and not.

So one theory is that something changed in XP/SP3 that caused the "Server Busy" popups to occur. If you ever have a chance to run Compaq CAV on a pre-XP/SP3 system, I'd try that out and see if you get the error or not.Also, next time this happens, I'd try running Task Manager and see if there's an errant Array Viewer process running. If so, kill it and see if that resolves the issue. John

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi