Network License usage

Network License usage

Hello,

I'm working on a silent install of 10.1 and I have, what I hope, is an easy question. I don't see any place to tell it to use a network license versus a local license. We have a network license server up and running, but I can't figure out how to get the install to use it. Any ideas? Thanks!

10 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

You can supply a license file that looks like this:

SERVER
USE_SERVER

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks for the information. So - I put that information in a .lic file on client? Then how do I point the client at that .lic file? Do i have to install FlexLM locally?

Quoting - Steve Lionel (Intel)
You can supply a license file that looks like this:

SERVER
USE_SERVER

You don't have to install FlexLM locally. If you can define the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE to the location where the .lic is located (just the folder name), that will work.

How are you doing the silent install? Are you running the intel "setupcore.exe" program? If so, you can add:

-l path-to-license-file

where that's the full path. And, that's a lowercase L.

Ok, I have that set up correctly - but I never see anything on the server or the server log about a license being consumed. When is a license consumed?

I installed them separately and silently via the documentation - then copied the license file in and set the environment variable. I may switch to the other way - it seems easier.

Thanks,

You don't have to install FlexLM locally. If you can define the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE to the location where the .lic is located (just the folder name), that will work.

How are you doing the silent install? Are you running the intel "setupcore.exe" program? If so, you can add:

-l path-to-license-file

where that's the full path. And, that's a lowercase L.

A license is consumed when you compile - and only then. If you want to see the activity on the client side, define the environment variable INTEL_LMD_DEBUG with a value of 1 if you want the output to go to "standard out" or to a file path to go to that file. When you run the compiler you'll see all the gory details of the license checks.

Exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you very much, sir.

A license is consumed when you compile - and only then. If you want to see the activity on the client side, define the environment variable INTEL_LMD_DEBUG with a value of 1 if you want the output to go to "standard out" or to a file path to go to that file. When you run the compiler you'll see all the gory details of the license checks.

Hi Steve,

I appreciate you commented on this thread some time ago, but I have a similar problem with performing a silent install on Intel Visual Fortran v11.1 where we have FLEXLM licensing.

I have tried placing ther following statements in a LIC file called Licence.lic, which is included in the command line --licence=<path-to-licence-file>

SERVER

USE_SERVER <port_number>@<servername>

and varous variations, but in all instances, the silent installation fails with the error message in the log file of::

ERROR: Cannot activate the product with found license files.

Can you possibly help in this matter.

As you mentioned in your prior comments, the result of this action is to create the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE enviorment variable located in HKLM\Software\.....

Would it possible to extract this information after an interactive install, then install the .REG file before the silent install? With no licence install option set, would the installation register that the environment variable is already set and continue the installation.

If you have any influence in these matters, would it be possible for Intel to allow for network licensing to be specified explicitly as a command line option or alternatively have a record feature, which generates an answer file in a similar manner to the setup.iss type file.

Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.

Hi steve,

Further to my comments above, I performed an interactive install and checked the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. The environment variable was specifying a folder where the licence file was located. The licence file was called

USE_SERVER.lic

with the contents:

SERVER <servername> ANY <port-number>USER_SERVER

Note: ignore the chevon characters "<" ">"

It appears that the licence file name must be USE_SERVER.lic on the silent install --license= command line option as the licence file is simply copied to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses folder (in my instance on a Windows 7 x64 system), and if the name is not USE_SERVER.lic, the silent installation fails with the error specified previously.

I hope this explanation is of some use to other users.

The name of the license file is completely irrelevant. All that matters is that the compiler can find it - it usually looks for all files with a .LIC file type in the standard licenses folder, but you can define the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE to point to it.

For a network license on a client, there are typically two lines in the license file. The first is a SERVER line that identifies the host serving the license, the second line is USE_SERVER.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi